70-680 done, here's my notes

DigitusDigitus Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I wrote the 70-680 exam today, passed with 920. Here's the notes I made from the MS self paced book, maybe someone can use them to prep.
The MSpress book had quite a few errors and was also good material to becaome very sleepy after reading a few pages icon_study.gif

Good luck in the exam room, im off to 640 icon_cheers.gif

http://www.motorslager.nl/cert/70-680%20notes.pdf

I tried uploading it as attachment to the site, but it didnt work

Comments

• xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Thanks! I have this exam scheduled for mid December, will look over these and see what I can get from it, Thanks!
  • Luis103Luis103 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You sir just gave me one hell of a confidence boosticon_thumright.gif. I'm comparing your notes to mine, and Ive jolted a whole a lot more information(not insulting your notes or anything). I'm talking I have easily made 250+ flash cards made and each have at least 3-4 items/questions on them lol..

Thanks for the boost cause after reading all these first time fail rates I've been horrified..
  • DigitusDigitus Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, Im sure my notes are not 100% and shouldnt be treated as such. I didnt write down things that I already know and on the exam I encountered a few questions that I didnt know anything about. I set the exam date for this one before I picked up the book and started reading. That was a bad move, I thought it would be easy because of my experience with win7, but I was wrong and ended up studying like a maniac for 10 days .. duh

In my view, this exam is about the small details. Either you know them and pass or you dont know them and get frustrated. Basically, thats the deal with all MS exams I have seen so far.

I became MCSE NT4 in 1998 and the last exams I have done before this one was server2000 core in 2002. I always used the self paced books and have never failed an exam. Im glad that strategy still works. Im a bit weary of other brand of study books, mainly because I hear ppl complaining they feel the exam asked a lot of stuff that was not in their book at all. Also, I think the exams got more difficult over the years because of all the new technology and possibilities in the software and hardware.

When taking the exam, I tend to read slower than usual and read every question twice before I look at the answers. As with learning, the devil is also in the details of the exam itself. Careful reading and not assuming a whole bunch of stuff thats not there will make a big difference. Sometimes the questions are just word play.

Then I make sure I read ALL the answers and not hurry to answer the question, even if I think the answer is obvious.
    When in doubt, I mark the question for review, answer it and move on. In the exam time I have left after answering all the questions I go back to review all questions that I marked, usually 20%

Basically, thats how I study but what works for me may not work for everyone.
  • shaikh1980shaikh1980 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Helloo Luis... I m also preparing for 70-680.. if u can share ur notes i'll be a great help for me... thanks
  • Bigbill810Bigbill810 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Digitus wrote: »
    Hi,

I wrote the 70-680 exam today, passed with 920. Here's the notes I made from the MS self paced book, maybe someone can use them to prep.
    The MSpress book had quite a few errors and was also good material to becaome very sleepy after reading a few pages icon_study.gif

Good luck in the exam room, im off to 640 icon_cheers.gif

http://www.motorslager.nl/cert/70-680%20notes.pdf

I tried uploading it as attachment to the site, but it didnt work

Thanks for the notes! I just finished a semester at CC including Win7 70-680 and CCNA prep. Looking to get this exam and A+ out of the way to get into the field!
    A+ >70-685 Windows 7 EDST > Security+ > ITILv3 > VCA-DCV > VCA-CLOUD > CCNA > CCNPCOMPLETE / IN PROGRESS / FUTURE GOAL
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and your note contribution!
  • KAzzzkasKAzzzkas Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do for 70-680 need to rememeber all cmd line commands? Isn't it a bit silly and pointless, because in the first two chapters of studying are loads of commands, and if exams require all syntax and meanings, you will easily forget them couple weeks after passed exam.