Any recommended free information about SharePoint Workflow tool?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I've been wanting to utilize this workflow process automation toolset at work, but really don't want to spend money. I have googled and found some items. Does anyone know of any free books or CBT's that cover the tool set?

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Are you considering building Visual Studio based workflows?
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just basically using the tool within Sharepoint itself. There is a workflow option that allows you to select email contacts etc. I was just looking at training on the in's and out's of the workflow tool in Sharepoint.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you do search on "SharePoint 2010 built in workflows" you can find a ton of things even videos on YouTube. I'd also suggest taking a look at SharePoint Designer based workflows (free) and here are tons of custom Designer based actions you can get for free on CodePlex.

If you check out PluralSight there is a free trial of 20 hours of their training and you can look at the 2010 Admin Ramp Up. Also take a look at Channel9 from Microsoft.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As Robert stated, I would definitely look at SharePoint Designer and all of the out-of-the-box workflows that you can setup and configure. Your basic workflows are already provided and easily configurable once you activate the appropriate features.
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for the heads up. I am currently working in a small shop and one of the projects I am on is transitioning our incident management system from Outlook to a new tool set. We tried bugnet which was very very project based, and then transitioned in SharePoint. I ended up getting one of our admins to upload an WSP template and it worked out nice. The questions arise around the workflow process. I'll just have to keep learning and use brute force like I always do lol.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, te workflow management piece in SharePoint is pretty nice and has alot of things OOTB and can be customized highly
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda