Revire on Server+

Gennosuke HIGAKIGennosuke HIGAKI Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
I barely passed this test. Immediately after the test I tought "failed" this time but saved. Let me report on my stance to this objective.

I have some experiences in Netware, Linux, and Windows server and network management but have been away for years. When reading references, I felt myself as if Rip Van Winkle. iSCSI, new server architecture, FC, PCI-X and more are difficult to imagine in my 486 typed circuit.

First of all, I checked the scope of test. I am a Japanese and then I collected available books and prep exams in my mother tongue. As you know the scope was reviewed and modified last year, Japanese publishers have not issued revised editions. They kindly suggested "Wait till new books available."

I went on and bought Exam Cram 2 SK0-002 via Amazon. This is richly detailed source of server operation and management. I could intake new technologies and thoughts. I thought probably I was all right fo go.

In a real test, I had to frown. One third of questions were unceratin or maze for me. They were mostly set double or triple choices. SCSI and RAID were said two pillars but simple and easy ones. Others were varied in broader subjects.

80 questions in 90 minutes. I could have 30 minuties to review my answers though some were still unknown or quite mistakable. I gave it up to be reimbursed the test fee. My office rewards a successful case only. I would live on bread and water for upcoming months.

Well, well, well, I was quite lucky to receive an unexpected result. I should have bought and read old English editions too. For challengers, resources cited in this forum are quite instructive and educational. Check available references in and out of Internet Then I recommend Compaq "White Paper" series in their Web site. This helped me to catch up server trendies. Compaq has their own server certification but too proprietary.

Thanking you all
Old mad dog

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats and thanks for the feedback!
  • cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    Good job, Congrats
    To protect and to serve(r)...
  • JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    In a real test, I had to frown. One third of questions were unceratin or maze for me. They were mostly set double or triple choices. SCSI and RAID were said two pillars but simple and easy ones. Others were varied in broader subjects.
    Question for you, would you say that your unexpected results were due more so to inexperience with the objectives of the test, or from the objectives not being covered thoroughly within the study guide?

I'm very interested in sitting for this exam but want to know how the guide translates the objectives. If it’s poorly written or obscure I want to wait until a Syngress or Sybex version is available.

Thanks and congrats on the pass.
  • Gennosuke HIGAKIGennosuke HIGAKI Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dear Judd,

Thank you for you attention I say my probable answer is the latter. I should have studied in multiple resources. My main source was Exam Cram 2 new edition. This covers extensive subjects though some real questions were out of range.

I look forward to your success.

With very best regards
  • JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    Thanks for the reply, perhaps I will wait for an additional resource to be released that covers the new exam. I do enjoy the Exam Cram guides because they are straight to the objectives, although the guide can be vague to those with less experience.

Best of luck to you in the future, and thanks for posting the response.