Options

Finally!

coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
I finally got the CISSP designation after many weeks of waiting and an audit. I feel so relieved. Thanks to everyone on this forum for you advice.

Comments

• Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I am a week into the waiting for endorsement process, hopefully no audit and I will be "official" in a month or so.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the accomplishment.
  • Options
    someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Outstanding Coolz! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Isn't it a nice feeling to finally be able to add those letters after your name? That was the best for me (CISSP is my one and only cert.) Makes it worth the wait! (And of course the blood, sweat and tears)
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    So far it hasnt done crap for me. Two months and not a single word breathed about the promotion I was to get at my job.
  • Options
    email2vmemail2vm Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    But it does help to see eyebrows raise when they see CISSP on business cards!!!
  • Options
    lifecommlifecomm Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    coolz203 wrote: »
    I finally got the CISSP designation after many weeks of waiting and an audit. I feel so relieved. Thanks to everyone on this forum for you advice.

Congrats! I still feel relieved every time I read success stories like yours.
  • Options
    lifecommlifecomm Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So far it hasnt done crap for me. Two months and not a single word breathed about the promotion I was to get at my job.

Hang in there, man! It matters to people who know and, at some point, this will work to your advantage. Count on it.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    It sounds like you need to start prodding the people who gave you the certification-gets-you-a-promotion promise. It may be they are looking for more from you than just getting a cert, and you misunderstood what was expected. Or perhaps there are other reasons for not offering you a promotion that are completely out of their control. Rather than stewing about it, go and find out that the real deal is.