Passed JNCIA-JUNOS!

Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
Passed JNCIA-JUNOS today with an overall score of 85%

I used the CBT Nuggets JNCIA Videos (Michael Shannon Narration), and the Fast-Track Study Guide given free on the Juniper Website.

Thanks to everyone here for the words of encouragement before I took the exam!
Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU

Comments

• ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

What an awesome Christmas present!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome, congratulations!!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome work.

I noticed you had a lot of networking certifications. Would you study path be enough for someone with elementary networking knowledge to pass and actually learn something? I realize it would take longer to study for but would it even be worth my time?
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    I definitely think you could do it. The JNCIA-JUNOS is very basic on the networking side. You definitely need to know your IP fundamentals, however, most everything else can be learned from the fast track material. While I will defintely admit my IT background made this cert much easier, it is by no means a prerequisite for success
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU