Options

issue with POE switch

THE.ALFISTITHE.ALFISTI Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI

Dear administrators I'm facing an issue with a Cisco 3650 switch with 48 ports.
On this switch 17 ports are not working so all ip phones plugged are not on " no electricity or no power" ,
how could I handle ?

thnks for help

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I usually find that the port is either dead or you are using 2 much power from the switch, or the switch is not POE at all. I run into all 3 from time to time. Post up the model number and we can find out how much power u got. Also was it all working before?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    do a sh ip int br, see if any ports are shut then look at sh power inline and perhaps check the logs. Also do a sh env all to check the switch temps

17 out of 48 not working is funky, doesn't make me think the PSU is going..post results of the above.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    xXErebuSxXErebuS Member Posts: 230
    HI

Dear administrators I'm facing an issue with a Cisco 3650 switch with 48 ports.
    On this switch 17 ports are not working so all ip phones plugged are not on " no electricity or no power" ,
    how could I handle ?

thnks for help

Do a show power inline to see if your using all the POE allocated power if you aren't then do a TDR test on the interfaces that are giving you trouble.... I work in an environment with thousands of access switches - the 3560's have POE issues bad; we stopped using them and went to the 2960S models (plus 2960S support 48 POE III ports).

Sometimes it can be something funky layer 1 and the TDR test will resolve it...

Can you do a show power inline and post it for us?
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    xXErebuS wrote: »
    I work in an environment with thousands of access switches - the 3560's have POE issues bad; we stopped using them and went to the 2960S models (plus 2960S support 48 POE III ports).

Yeah, the 3560s are not intended to be loaded up with the newer color phones. The V02s are much better, but still not enough juice for the newer stuff.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    xXErebuSxXErebuS Member Posts: 230
    pitviper wrote: »
    Yeah, the 3560s are not intended to be loaded up with the newer color phones. The V02s are much better, but still not enough juice for the newer stuff.

Well power quantity is the issue 3% of the time 50% of the time its the wiring; 42% of the time its the actual 3560, 5% of the time its user error lol.
  • Options
    THE.ALFISTITHE.ALFISTI Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi sirs

Thanks for your help , it was wiring issue.

amny thanks