Options

I need assistance with cisco vpn

frankophonefrankophone Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I AM HAVING A CISCO 2911 ROUTER AND 2901 ROUTER, I AM TRYING TO CONFIGURE VPN ON THEM BUT THE VERY FIRST STAGE TO START THE CONFIGURATION IS WHERE I AM HAVING ISSUES.
THE ISSUES IS THAT THE crypto isakmp policy 1 does not work on the routers.

And another quick question. any one knows where i can get a vpn client software apart from the cisco website?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    There is no need to post in all caps.

Have you looked up the VPN configuration guide for your IOS on Cisco's website?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We would need to see the ISAKMP policies for both sides that you have configured. And what do you mean by "it does not work"?. Are you experiencing issues during the config, or is your traffic not initiating the IKE phase 1 tunnel? You will want to post your crypto map as well.
  • Options
    xXErebuSxXErebuS Member Posts: 230
    I AM HAVING A CISCO 2911 ROUTER AND 2901 ROUTER, I AM TRYING TO CONFIGURE VPN ON THEM BUT THE VERY FIRST STAGE TO START THE CONFIGURATION IS WHERE I AM HAVING ISSUES.
    THE ISSUES IS THAT THE crypto isakmp policy 1 does not work on the routers.

And another quick question. any one knows where i can get a vpn client software apart from the cisco website?

do a "show license feature" and post it here; sounds like it may not be enabled / installed.
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Download Cisco Configuration Pro and configure the tunnel with the GUI so you can see what your doing. At the end when you send the commands to the router you can see the config that it sends. A site to site VPN using CCP is super easy. Configuring VPN tunnel via CLI, not so much.
    "Once you have seen this, it can not be unseen!" Configuration Professional: Site-to-Site IPsec VPN Between Two IOS Routers Configuration Example  [Cisco Configuration Professional] - Cisco Systems
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln