Passed Project +

dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Woooo knocked out Project + yesterday with a 786! Kind of nice to get back on the passing train after having failed the CIW javascript exam. All I used for prep was the Sybex book through WGU, read through it twice in about 2 1/2 weeks. The Ucertify tests that WGU offers I personally feel did not help, after taking the first 2 tests I skipped the rest as they do not provide an accurate portrayal of what you are learning by reading the Sybex material. Plus they are way to wordy for my liking.
WGU - B.S. Information Technology
Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)

Comments

• nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    I'm taking this test later this month, every time I read for it I just hear all the jargon that upper management spews at us during our group meetings and my brain shuts off..
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm sure their brain shuts off when we use our tech jargons. :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Well done - i am planning to take this exam but the cost of the exam is putting me off a bit .

A search for Project+ on any job boards doesn't yield much hits . Few people i have come across don't even know that this cert exists icon_rolleyes.gif
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing.
  • charlemagnecharlemagne Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I passed it, too, earlier today! I registered for it before I realized (i.e. researched its value) that it is probably not worth pursuing for those that haven't paid for it. I'm no fan of PMI, though a member, and think if anyone is wants a project management credential (but might not meet the work requirements for the PMP), go for the CAPM. It's not well recognized either but it is a PMI credential and not much more difficult that project+. PMP is the gold standard. Wish it weren't the case but for those seeking certification in project management at least consider the CAPM. But, to each their own.
  • dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Charlemagne! To be perfectly honest the only reason I took it was for WGU no other reason.
    WGU - B.S. Information Technology
    Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations to both of you.
    Charlemange, I knew you could do it.
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    T~T Im dying inside as the read the material. Does anyone know where i can get some practice tests for this? I grabbed the transcender on CyberMonday but they seem to go way above the level required to pass.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • charlemagnecharlemagne Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks SharkDiver!! And, a big thank you to everyone!! I do want to amend my previous post about Project+. I signed up for it without researching how it would help me fulfill my personal goals. Shame on me for that. Yet, I think it's a good exam and wish more attention was given to it. I think, though, with any certification one gets out of it what you put into it. Honestly, I learned a lot by studying for Project+ and it is really good prep for further project management certifications. I have come a long way since my first post. So, thanks to everyone for the encouragement. Really, you're great people and I appreciate it.
    All you need to pass is the sybex book practice exams and the formula chart from the philips book.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    How bad is this one?

I'm trying hard to read this book but it's driving me mad. I can not honestly think of a subject I've studied that I've ever been more dis-interested in.

No surprise to me that ucertify wasn't very helpful for you, though. I haven't had a good experience with that at all.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
    I felt the same way. Just set a goal to read 1 chapter a day = Done in 10 days. Don't bother with uCertify, just use the Sybex book exam questions.
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I felt the same way. Just set a goal to read 1 chapter a day = Done in 10 days. Don't bother with uCertify, just use the Sybex book exam questions.

My mentor likes to make me follow the "first attempt checklists" religiously. So I have to take the ucertify practice test not once, but like *3* times. Ucertify is the reason why I'm losing hair. ANd I'm doing fairly well on them, which is very suspicious to me.

That sucks. I'd talk to your mentor about loosening up a bit. uCertify just sucks as a resource. Bad grammar, wrong questions and answers, etc. If you can score above 85% on the Sybex book questions, you are ready.
    Will do, and that's about where I"m at on most chapters in the book. I agree Ucertify is horrible.. We should all complain and see if they will **** it. LabSim is great, though. I wouldn't mind having that.

Hopefully i'm not getting too close to violating any NDA here, but on the actual exam do they allow the use of calculators? Or would one even be necessary? I've seen a few questions in uCertify that would scare me on an exam.

All this talk (all over the forums) about the mentors making everyone use uCertify stuff makes me seriously reconsider WGU.

I've used uCertify stuff and found it greatly lacking.
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My mentor trusts me enough to let me schedule exams when I feel I'm ready. I earned this trust by scheduling and passing 3 exams my first month after following his requirements (i.e. pass the pre-assessment twice, or with a certain score, etc.). This, coupled with my determination to finish in a single term, has given me basically free rein to sign up for courses and schedule exams at my leisure without any pushback from my mentor.
    Darthn3ss wrote: »

Hopefully i'm not getting too close to violating any NDA here, but on the actual exam do they allow the use of calculators? Or would one even be necessary? I've seen a few questions in uCertify that would scare me on an exam.

I think I remember there being a calculator. It's more important to have the formulas memorized. I wrote them out repeatedly, until I could recite them. First thing in the exam, I wrote out my chart. Helps a lot.
    The CompTIA agreement before you go in to the exam says no calculators.
  • itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!