Big Monday

Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well tomorrow is the day. Nervous. I can't shake the feeling that I am not ready. I always think it's funny when people suggest that you do not cram the day before.

Comments

• YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck, the hard work will pay off.
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Which exam are you writing?
  • Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The CISSP. All this work and all these years and I wonder, does anyone feel 'good' walking into this one?
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck, Joshuab009! Hit 'em hard! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    CISSP!!
    I am preparing for this exam and hopefully will attempt it by Dec this year.
    Good luck to you! Wish you feel ‘good and prepared’ while walking in and ‘proud’ when you come out of that room!
    Thanks guys. Guess I just needed a little pep talk. Back to the books.
  • ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What always works for me is having the mindset that it is just a test. No, it's not a cheap test; No, it's not an easy test. But, yes - it's just a test. Have confidence in your knowledge, and don't feel like this exam will somehow verify or invalidate your intelligence. I think too many people empower the CISSP exam to the point where they lose their confidence and do worse than they probably should. It sounds like you've put some serious effort into your studies. I'm sure it'll pay off, just relax!

Best of luck tomorrow!
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    That advice is bunk. I studied for an hour before the test because I got to the test center so early (to make sure nothing went awry). Brushed up on the required standards because I seemed to forget all of them. I ended up getting a question asking which standard was appropriate and new the answer from that morning. Who knows if that was the magical 700 pt question but hey it worked.
  • F_A_H_DF_A_H_D Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @ Vik210

sorry for disturbing you but i wanna to ask you .. just today i registered for the next CISA exam and i need your recommended materials to pass this exam

thank you
    Sorry it took so long to post. I didn't pass this time around. Studying hard and I'll hit the exam again before 2013 comes around.
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    Joshuab009 wrote: »
    Sorry it took so long to post. I didn't pass this time around. Studying hard and I'll hit the exam again before 2013 comes around.

what are the cost for exam? Did you took via VUE?
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Joshuab009 - it's a tough exam, good luck next time around. Keep us posted on your progress! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
    I can't really speak of the price. I am in a very good situation where my employer is picking up the bill. I have decided to continue studying on my own as well as attending another bootcamp (different instructor) starting Monday. Here we go again.
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Which boot camp did you attend before, and which this time around? Same provider, but different instructor? I attended Training Camps Week-long boot camp with Gwen as instructor. It was a great camp and I passed the exam first time. I highly recommend it. Good luck this time around! Very nice to have the employer foot the bill!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    This is a different company than last time. Much more intensive. This one spans 11 hours a day and covers 6 days. I hate to use the names because it may appear that I am bashing an entire company (and their instructors) for my failure on the exam. I am refocused, determined and will earn my credentials this time around.
    Keep us posted, OK? I'm sure you'll nail it this time!
  • email2vmemail2vm Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Joshua,

What was your score ? what are your plans and how they differ from earlier one?

Regards,
    Ravi
    I scored just below 600 on the first round. Spent just over 2 hours on the test. I made many mistakes. This course starts at 8am and runs until 7pm. Lasts Monday through Saturday and sends us out the door with homework every night. The instructor is doing a great job getting us all in the 'ISC' mindset.
    The CISSP test is Monday morning. I feel really good about it this time.
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck!

If you haven't watched it yet, this webcast has some great general strategy ideas that helped me for sure: https://www.sans.org/webcasts/successful-passing-cissp-95594
  • someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes for sure.
    Well, today was round two with CISSP. I was not the big winner of the day. Funny, I felt really 'locked-in' today.
    Did you clock an improved score over last time? If so, then you are making progress. Don't give up!
    Thistleback I did make a vast improvement over round one. Thanks. I'll stay on path.
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Took me three tries, Joshua. Read my threads and you can see how hard it was for me, and I stayed the course and passed. My method of passing was a little unorthodox, but it makes for a good beer story as well.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Keep on it, you can do it!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.