Options

What to look for?

gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
Hi. I've started taking a CCNA class two weeks ago, and I just wanted to know from those that have taken the test...What I should look for to be in the test? How much simulation vs. questions are there? What are the topics I should focus on the most? For example, should I focus on ISDN, ATM settings? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks. icon_cool.gif
The biggest risk in life is not taking one.

Comments

• Options
    EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have never seen more than 2 simulations on one exam. That is just my experience and by no means a rule I have read anywhere.
  • Options
    CertsPlzCertsPlz Inactive Imported Users Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gravyjoe wrote:
    Hi. I've started taking a CCNA class two weeks ago, and I just wanted to know from those that have taken the test...What I should look for to be in the test? How much simulation vs. questions are there? What are the topics I should focus on the most? For example, should I focus on ISDN, ATM settings? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks. icon_cool.gif

focus on everything take nothing for granted
    formerly badboyziggy
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've never had more than two sims as well. I can't give you the details, but usually the sims are on vlans/vtp or ospf. Those are the only ones I've gotten recently.

Try to pass the first time, since ever other time you take the test the questions are going to change drasticly.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    gravyjoe wrote:
    I've started taking a CCNA class two weeks ago
    Is it a Cisco Network Academy Course? Or something different?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Yes, it is a Cisco Network Academy Course.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    gravyjoe wrote:
    Yes, it is a Cisco Network Academy Course.

The Networking Academy material covers more than is needed for the CCNA -- so if a topic is covered in the module exams, its a candidate for the real deal.

After you take the module exams, check any questions you got wrong to make sure you understand why you got it wrong. Use the module exam questions to review for the Cisco Certification Exams.

I took the CCNA exam 2 days after my semester 4 final and passed easily. Use your course average as a guide as to wether you need to hit another book before the certification exam(s).

Oh, and semester 1 is slow and repeats itself. Semester 2 courseware has the most errors and yes, the TCP/IP module near the end is almost an exact repeat of the the first TCP/IP module (for people who didn't get subnetting the first time around). Once you hit the actual routers it finally gets interesting. Semester 3 & 4 will be the guts to the ICND and CCNA exams.

The first 1-1/2 semesters should cover a lot of what you saw in Network+ so don't let it suck you into thinking the rest will be easy.

Oh, one last thing -- even though you are taking a bunch of module exams and semester final exams -- the Cisco Certification Exams are a whole new ballgame. Be prepared to kick it up a notch from the CompTIA exams.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks. I noticed that Semester 2 had errors also. I'll study the Academy questions like you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up.