CCIE pursuit, lab setup.

levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I little about myself:

I got my CCNA in 2010 (with a few years of previous networking experience), got a job as a network engineer and since got my CCNP in R&S.
Since everything has been making a lot of sense to me, I thought it a good idea to see how far I can take it and go for the CCIE.

I have a goal of passing the written first half of 2013

As of now I have 1x1841, 1x2960, 1x3560. I saw that cisco recommends 1841, 3825, and 3560 for switches, but according to those that have taken the lab, how many routers/switches should I need to build similar topologies ?

My plan is to print out the blueprint, check off what I know already, then build labs based on what i'm less familiar with.

Personally, my girlfriend is a first year teacher, but couldn't find a job in the beach town we lived in. She now lives an hour away for the next 7 months or so. Professionally, whenever I'm not working on projects, I can spend as much time on CCIE pursuit as I want on company dime. My company also always has equipment (albeit temporarily before deploying at a customers site) that I could use to build labs. These are usually 1941s, 2921s, 3750x and nexus.

Any advice is always welcome!
CCNP/CCDA/CCNA-Wireless/MCSA/MCITP/Network+/Security+
BS Information Tech. - UMass

Comments