Failed 70-685

bckcbckc Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I failed my MCIPT 70-685 today. I didn't even come close, got 605/1000 (Pass mark 700). I sat a load of practice exams beforehand and was getting 80%+ on them but the real test seemed way harder.

I'm really gutted about failing but the woman at the test center told me I'll get another go at the test if I email microsoft as they do a second chance program on all their exams, is this true?

Thanks.

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear @bckc

I believe you have to have purchased a Second Shot voucher:
    Microsoft Second Shot
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As Ivan said, generally you have to input the free voucher you receive when signing up for the test.

Sorry to hear about failing, it happens to the best of us.

If you paid full price for the exam, it doesn't hurt to contact M$ to see if they would give you the second offer deal. They might or might not budge. Just tell them you forgot to sign up for it or something. The only restriction is that you have to have paid full price for the exam without any discount.
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I had the same issue with the 70-680 a while back. I sat for it after consistently passing practice exams and failed with a 650. I studied harder on everything I missed and went back and was destroyed on the second time around. It was so bad that I questioned if I was even taking the correct exam. You aren't alone.

Just make sure not to do what I did. I decided to take a break and give myself some time then never went back to it. Now, 6 months later, I am relearning the entire exam because I didn't keep with it. Give M$ a call and see what they say. If they say it is a no-go, then bite the bullet and pay again, this time be sure to grab the Second Shot option from their website and use the code when registering.

Good Luck.
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I'm sorry to hear that you did not pass, I have been in the same boat myself with the 685.
    I passed the 680 without too many problems but the 685, to me, is way harder as it's a Professional series exam.
    I've had two attempts on this and got the same score of 586 - wierd. Re-sitting it again on Wednesday but I'm at a loss how to increase the score as I've got several books and used transenders and still came short. Fingers crossed for Wednesday and best of luck to you too.