Signing up for a Juniper cert exam online

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
Has anyone managed to sign up for a Juniper exam online using the Pearson Vue Web site? I clicked the Schedule Exam button and was redirected back to the PV login page. I enter my PV login credentials and the following message box is displayed:
"You have logged in using a valid account, but Juniper Networks requires you to register for a separate web account. Enter the information for that account or register for a new account."

I assume this is asking me to log into the PV Web site using my Juniper Learning Portal credentials, but those credentials are not recognized by the PV site (they work at juniper.net). There doesn't seem to be any other information as to what to do here.

I'll just schedule my exam over the phone, but I was wondering if anyone has successfully negotiated and online Juniper exam scheduling with PV.

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You have to signup for another PV account that will be used specifically for Juniper exams.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    My PV account is associated with CompTIA and Cisco, so it can't also be associated with Juniper? This explains why "Juniper" is not a selection on the "Add another Cert Vendor" listing in my PV account settings. And apparently neither is GIAC. I can't access my GIAC cert information via the PV Web site; I must get to it only via giac.org. Very inconvenient, but that must be the way those cert vendors want it to work.

Thanks much.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think they are having some issues with Pearson. When I took my JNCIS it created a new account with Juniper even though my cert manager number was the same and caused my JNCIA to expire. I contacted support and they were able to get everything straightened out. Might be worth shooting them an email and see if they can help you out as well.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.