Passed 70-294 by the skin of my teeth

skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
I took 70-294 today. That was one tough test! Wow, I had no idea that simulations would be that detailed. I was kind of expecting the mockups that have been apart of previous tests. I'm pretty sure I had 3 (possibly 4) and it took me a while to figure out what 2 of them were going for.

Anyways, I passed with a 700, which coincidently happens to be the exact same as the minimum passing score. I've never passed a test this way before, but a pass is a pass.

70-284 is next, and this experience has made me realize that I'm going to need to do a better job preparing next time. I can't let it be this close again.

Comments

• AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    er.....did you mean the gums? icon_lol.gif

Just kidding. Congratulations on your pass. So does that complete your MCSA track?
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :D You walked on thin ice but you didn't fall. Congrats
  • skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    Alien wrote:
    er.....did you mean the gums? icon_lol.gif

Just kidding. Congratulations on your pass. So does that complete your MCSA track?

No, actually I finished that two tests ago. I'm now currently two tests away from MCSE which will be 70-284, and most likely 70-297.

It's nice to have the core exams done. I really feel like Microsoft repeats topics way too much. It seems like a lot of same stuff is recycled in each book (the end of every book always ends with performance monitoring & security best practices). 290 was extended in 294, and 291 & 293 were also very similar.

I was just looking through past comments I've posted after passing exams, and a in a lot of them I posted specific details about the test, however w/ this exam my head is just a cloud when I try to think about subject matter from the exam. It's like I went in and just dumped everything I had on this exam. It's kind of an odd feeling. I"m just glad I'm able to mix it up a little bit with Exchange for my next test.
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats on the pass!
    I posted specific details about the test
    careful that you don't violate the ND agreement.
    witty comment
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    _omni_ wrote:
    Congrats on the pass!
    I posted specific details about the test
    careful that you don't violate the ND agreement.

Ha, yeah well not that specific. Just my specfic thoughts on it and general topics.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    good job man, keep pressing
    get back to studying!!!
  • cshirercshirer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what was mostly on the test im getting ready to take it as well
  • madboymadboy Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good for you!!! icon_wink.gif
  • IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    excellent job!!

remember a pass is a pass.

how long did you study b4 taking this exam? what materials did you use to study?

i will be cracking the book on this one tonite. have been looking forward to get my hands dirty with AD.
    Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security