A+ certified... Finally!

BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
So 1 year of on and off study for the a+ and 6 months after passing the 701 I finally got around to finishing the a+

Passed the 702 today with a score of 755. Extremely happy.

I got the same question 3 times worded differently which was a nice little bonus. Glad I studied ping switches before walking in!

Do I need to sign up or register on comptia site to receive my certification or in due time will comptia automatically mail it to my address that I entered on Pearson vue?

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

Your certificate should arrive in due time. You will not need to do anything unless you go 6 weeks or so and then you will want to contact the exam vendor. Otherwise, enjoy your success and prepare for your next exam.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats! :D
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass now you can add it to your resume and profile on here! :D
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Radio2006Radio2006 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, bro...
  • HatemTommyHatemTommy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I'm almost done with the A+ self-study and will take the test right after I finish cuz I'm currently unemployed lol!
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Thanks all!

Going to teach myself basic linux and SQL now then get started on network+

Good luck for your exam tommy.
  • itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • fslima0fslima0 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will I eliminate some classes at WGU if I become A+ certified? If so, I might take the cert. I took a A+ course in college and I am pretty sure I can pass this exam if I try. And how much is the exam? Thanks
    Current Goals: CCNP and RHCSA
  • bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads on the Pass!!!!
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
    fslima0 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure I can pass this exam if I try. And how much is the exam? Thanks

For me it was $215 each exam as I am I'm Australia. A lot of money to pay for a certificate that has no value here. But the content I learnt was worth it to me.

Comptia has a spreadsheet on their website with pricing depending on which country you live in the prices vary.

If your in the USA I believe there are websites that offer vouchers/discounts as well that may be worth looking into.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gratz on the pass. 2 test can be stressful nice work!

Just curious whatis next up? Employment? :)
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey there... congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
    N2IT wrote: »
    Gratz on the pass. 2 test can be stressful nice work!

Just curious whatis next up? Employment? :)

Cheers, already employed as a trainer/analyst for the companies ERP system(Australia)

Doing some certs for my own interest and to see what I eventually want to go into as I only career changed into IT in April 2012. system admin will be my next role more then likely or IT business systems manager.

next up education wise im going to teach myself basic linux and basic SQL(no cert) and then move onto network+, security + , linux + after that.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats Bryzey and it sounds like you have a solid plan going forward!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds like a great plan! Look forward to seeing you on the Linux + forum
  • bardsleybbardsleyb Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    fslima0 wrote: »
    Will I eliminate some classes at WGU if I become A+ certified? If so, I might take the cert. I took a A+ course in college and I am pretty sure I can pass this exam if I try. And how much is the exam? Thanks
    Yes you will. You will eliminate 2 classes actually because WGU splits the A+ exam in to 2 tests, as it is now anyhow. 220-801 is one class, and 220-802 is another class. I am doing that myself now. I would suggest that you take any tests that you think you can pass with a little brush up review now BEFORE you enroll in WGU. It'll go a long way for you. Good luck!
  • TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Hopefully soon I will be able to make a thread about me receiving the A+ cert!
    It's also nice to see that you have a plan for the next couple certs you are aiming to receive.
    Good luck!
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • b18c195b18c195 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□