Options

I GOT a JOB!!!

inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
WOW!
its been a long, n narly road for me.

I have been in IT since 1991.
I used to design/build, PCB's (printed Circiut boards).

I had a good business, I bought houses, made good money. Technology passed me by, I went back to school at age 50, the cisco net academy I got a 4.0gpa, then I got my CCNA. I did the Comptia A+ and the S+.Then I studied some Microsoft, took and passed the MCITP:eda. Then I took the CCNP exams: yeha!!! I packed up my 4bdr house in xxxx, xx and moved to XX. I stayed as a house guest with my long time friend BoB, (my ex-father-inlaw). When I got to his house with my new wife, he said welcome, your wife looks pregnant. We lived with Bob, then I took my CCIE written,,, wahooo,, it was exiting.

I just got the six figure plus position, I am getting the formal letter tomorrow. ( I think{pretty sure} I actualy have about 3 ~ 5 other jobs as well). I have been on 8 interviews this week! I got a 3rd interview with SAIC for $80.00 hr next week!
I have been putting out my resume for 5 weeks.
All jobs big data centers, this one is working with Nexus 7k as our core; with dual homed BGP ds3 wan.
I will still stick around here cause we all need insperation young and old.
Tonight I have a couple cheep whisky to celebrate. ( I am broke lost most of my belongings, plus my house in Vail, Co.) I GOT A JOB!!! It is at a 3 digit FED position in XX.
I might have some typo's will edit shortly

Yeha I am employed!

edit in:

title: senior network engineer
My supervisor (seems), is very cool.

they already requested a desk for me and a PC, monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats man, glad things are working out for ya! Going by how stoked you are, it sounds like a great role!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats dude.. thats a great xmas gift for u and ur family.. keep up the good work :)
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Options
    newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    Things will forever fall into place for you! Congrats man.
  • Options
    Mjstokes90Mjstokes90 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    WOW, this is really cool and the best XMAS gift anyway could ever wish for. This, I must be very honest with you, is an Inspiration to me... I know one day I'll have that CCIE too and I'm gonna get a good job .. AMEN.. A better paying Job. Go Jake!!!
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Enjoy the holidays and good luck with everything, have fun
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    OrcristOrcrist Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Bigbill810Bigbill810 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Super congrats man! I hope to have a story as good as this one someday!
    A+ >70-685 Windows 7 EDST > Security+ > ITILv3 > VCA-DCV > VCA-CLOUD > CCNA > CCNPCOMPLETE / IN PROGRESS / FUTURE GOAL
  • Options
    vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    Congrats. I use to work for General Dynamics IT. Heard good things about SAIC.
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @inscom.brigade - I am glad to hear that everything is working out for you. Congrats on the new gig and all the best for the 2013!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    wow man great story (short but sweet)
    Always glad to see people doing what they want
    gratz!
    meh
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations, enjoy the new job!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Awesome, keep us posted on how it is going once you are settled in. (And they even got you a mouse, on the first go!!)

Also, I worked at SAIC for a while. Great Place, but with a company that size, be prepaired for a little bit of internal politics.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats, indeed.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Sounds like a great way to start the new year - congrats and good luck!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    Thanks guys I been getting emails of HR's progress, I only have one step to go. They said that they are just waiting on my federal suitability, and I am in!
    Well I guess I got two feet in but one strong gust could knock me out on my heals huh?

They had an outside screening service doing some of the work, they said that they could not verify some of mf references; at least they called and we got it straight. (They somehow got phone numbers screwed up), to think that your life is in the hands of a $10.00 an hour employee screening services worker.

It was so funny when I went to do my drug screening, it was on the 26th December. I knocked on the door, and the lady said " are you serious, I didn't think that anyone would be here today". I replied I am just tring to not be homless mam.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the new job!
  • Options
    It has been a long tough sleepless nail biter;
    I got a certified letter yesterday from the agency.
    they asked me to provide additional information on one topic. (personalhistory).
    they gave me 4 pages of instructions:

I called the guy after a night of sweating it out: wow the guy was very cool.After I talked with him he said that as soon as he gets the papers he will go upstairsto his supervisor, and say that I am suitable for federal employment! YEHA! Itold him that I was going to be taking him for lunch soon and we both laughed.this next week is inaugural so I think that Monday could be a fed holiday, butmaybe next week I will get a start date!
    (I have been on many interviews since this offer). (went on one today). Went downtown to do finger prints for my biometric ID badge.

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    whew - that must be quite a relief. congrats
  • Options
    paul78 wrote: »
    whew - that must be quite a relief. congrats

When my man said he would be going upstairs to say I am suitable (wow) (YES) i felt very much relief.
    I am going to do a great job at work, and make a good life for my baby boy!
    thanks for all the support here, this place has been truly helpfull, and does live up to it's high reputation. Techexams.net, wow I love this place!
  • Options
    vsanchez104vsanchez104 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Hope everything goes smooth there.
  • Options
    danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    :) Good one!
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats inscom.brigage! How is the job going so far? What do you expect for the near future as far as duties and responsibilities?
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow dem certs! What kind of time frame are we talking for all of those? Good job :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    I just got my start date!!! Yeha!

I have about 3.5 years into cert work

• Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Amazing. Good job :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    Dano_TexasDano_Texas Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Being out of work for awhile can suck.
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    Congrats! Are you planning on going for the CCIE lab and was this R/S? How are the interviews at this level? They probably would give you a written exam to test your skillsets.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson