Not sure how I pulled this one off.....

Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
I'm just glad it's DONE. Got a 765. Not bad for 2 hours of sleep. Used the Sybex book and a ridiculous amount of caffeine.

For whatever reason, this stuff bores the heck out of me. I tried spread by studying out, but I just couldn't stay focused. As it turns out, fear of failing and wasting money is a pretty good motivator for me.

Also, for anyone wondering, you do get a calculator for certain questions that might require one. Unfortunately for me, they didn't provide the formulas you need to answer those questions. I had to skim over that chapter this morning and didn't have time to actually memorize all that :/
Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685

Comments

• nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Congrats I got this scheduled tomorrow and I feel exactly the same about this material as you do, so hopefully I can get a passing score.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing! Memorizing the formulas helped me. They are basically gimme questions, if you have them memorized.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

NoSoup,
    Definitely memorize those formulas. There's only about 8, but you will need them.
  • nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    You were right, I managed to remember enough to pass :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Congratulations on the pass, and I definitely agree about the boringness of the material!

What's next on your plate?
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations NoSoup!
    Way to go.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    It's boring material because so much of it covers rote paperwork or boring conceptual details detached from daily activity.

Congrats on the pass, though. Now go get some sleep. :)
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • charlemagnecharlemagne Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great Work! Congrats! I choose not to list my degrees or certifications but I passed Project+. Sybex material was all that was needed to pass. That said, most study guides are really dry and don't reflect the true nature of project management. It's not my favorite topic but after the exam I read more about it and like any subject, a gifted writer can turn what seems like a boring topic into an interesting one.

Again, congrats!
  • itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    O dear god. I passed it. 748 T~T

I have to mirroir what other have said, memorize those formulas. especially the lines of communications one.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • agiclemagiclem Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□