Passed my Security+ exams

biggishbiggish Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks to Darril's book, and Professor Messer's video, I passed my Sec+ exams on Xmas eve. Having achieved 3 certifications in 6 months, I need advice on what my next certification should be.

I want to specialize now in a specific area. I am leaning to either Networking or Security.

Thanks in advance guys

Comments

• azmattazmatt Member Posts: 114
  • RobononRobonon Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! I'm doing the same as you for Sec+ (GCGA and Prof. Messer). I would say if your interested in both networking and security, head toward networking for now, keep working on certs while gaining some experience, then you'll be able to make a better decision. It's really tough to break straight into infosec without a strong background in networking. Also, while you're working as a network tech, you're going to have exposure to the types of things that the guys on the security end deal with, and can make a more informed decision as to what it is you'll really want to do with your career.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass and glad to hear that the book helped.

There are many variables such as what you enjoy and what your current level of experience is in different areas. Do you have any specific certifications that you're considering?
  • biggishbiggish Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks or the reply guys, and sorry for oonly replying now.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63