Passed Sec+ today!

RobononRobonon Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed Security+ today with an 849! Between Professor Messer's videos and Darril's book, I feel like I was well prepared. I was happy to see a handful of questions that were pretty straightforward regarding port numbers, protocols, and identifying types of attacks. There were a few questions that left me guessing what exactly it was that they wanted me to answer, but that seems to be commonplace in most exams.

It looks like ramrunner800 and I are in the same boat - next stop CCENT. I purchased the Groupon deal a few weeks ago for online CCNA/CCNP training, and from what I've read, the company isn't too bad. So about halfway through Spring semester I'm going to jump into the Cisco material.

I know this next bit isn't related to Sec+, but I've been saying it to anyone who'll listen since the Sys Admin at my office told me about it. If you haven't checked out the "Studying for Results" series on Cisco's Learning Network, definitely do: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/learning_center/self_study_survival_tips/cisco_exam_preparation

The strategies taught in these seminars can be applied to any technical material, not just Cisco.

Thank you to everyone who contributes on these forums, and Darril, for writing such an awesome book!

Comments

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Glad to hear the book helped.

Good luck with the CCENT.
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Good luck with Cisco.
  • Radio2006Radio2006 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, dude.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on the Pass
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".