CCIE 2013 candidates

ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
I guess it's time for a new thread.

These are all the people that I know or think are active.

rakem: Feb 17, 2013
jamesp1983: March 29, 2013
tigerplug: April 29, 2013
Mrock4: 2013
down77: Februaryish.
ipSpace:
SteveO86
sett: end of January

Anyone know what happened to Forsaken? He was scheduled for sometime in November, but he hasn't been around since October. I remember he said if he had to reschedule, it wouldn't be until much later in 2013 because of work obligations.

Let's do it!
Currently reading:
IPSec VPN Design 44%
Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%

Comments

• ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
    Hi Zartanasaurus.

I will schedule for November or December next year. :)

Will start full-time from the 10th of January. Hope the curriculum will not change next year, even-though i heard the opposite.

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck to all of you in this quest for certification glory!

I think Forsaken is going to come back with a CCIE and CCDE or something. He couldnt have failed his attempt, not that man.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Good luck all. Great to see a strong number of members going for their CCIE.

Wish you all the best!
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ipSpace wrote: »
    Hi Zartanasaurus.

I will schedule for November or December next year. :)

Will start full-time from the 10th of January. Hope the curriculum will not change next year, even-though i heard the opposite.
    Odds are that they will announce the changes at Cisco Live in June, which means you'd have until the end of 2013 to do the current track.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Odds are that they will announce the changes at Cisco Live in June, which means you'd have until the end of 2013 to do the current track.

Yep that's the rumor, I might try to squeeze in at least one lab attempt before they retire v4.

And pray they I don't have to buy all new equipment for my lab at home.

Although I wouldn't mind if they drop frame-relay icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck everybody! I'm curious about Forsaken's status as well.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Yep that's the rumor, I might try to squeeze in at least one lab attempt before they retire v4.

And pray they I don't have to buy all new equipment for my lab at home.

Although I wouldn't mind if they drop frame-relay icon_smile.gif
    I suspect that people will still be able to run 15 code in GNS3 at least. The 7206s support that version, and the activation licensing hasn't proven to be a hindrance for running ASAs under GNS3.

There might be an arbitrage opportunity here though. Figure out the cheapest router that will support 15 code and stock pile them. Once the changes are made, re-sell them for a handsome profit. :)

I don't have a problem with Frame Relay. I don't think they have it in the blueprint so much as to teach Frame Relay but to use it to teach concepts like partial-mesh designs, split-horizon and how that affects routing protocols. It's a means to an end.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    I'm currently scheduled for June, but will probably be pushing it to August. It is currently scheduled for the same date my wife is due (scheduled before I knew), so it is going to have to change.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck to all CCIE candidates for 2013!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    From the Feature Navigator, it looks like 1841's should support 15.x releases. Those are pretty cheap now. Comparatively speaking of course.
    nerdydad wrote: »
    I'm currently scheduled for June, but will probably be pushing it to August. It is currently scheduled for the same date my wife is due (scheduled before I knew), so it is going to have to change.

I had to push mine back to March for this same reason. My boss also forced me to take an MS certification test a few months back as well so that didn't help.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • thadizzythadizzy Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    4th of Jan (6 days to go.. )
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Taking the written at the end of January Depending on my 2013 load I may be able to take a crack at the lab nov/dec time frame.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    Yep I'm still in the race for 7th feb 2013. Need to pass first time!

Anyone know what happened to Turgon? Has he passed yet?
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, I'd like to know too if Turgs passed his lab.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    rakem wrote: »
    Yep I'm still in the race for 7th feb 2013. Need to pass first time!

Anyone know what happened to Turgon? Has he passed yet?

Good luck!

I would really like to know if Turg did as well. He had logged a lot of hours.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Won't be making my original date, but I have a reasonable shot at a 2013 attempt if all the stars align. My work has told me I don't have a choice, so I'm sure that will play a key role.

Good luck to everyone else!
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    How many of us are in the jobs we want? I'm already 1 step away for being an architect. Getting CCIE would help me get that role, but I'm sure I will get it if I just put in my time, and most of the jobs past there are management where having a MBA becomes more important. Thats the only thing that worries me. But for the other guys/gals on here do you have the job you want?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm in the job I want to be- at this point a CCIE will not make me advance at all, but I would get a little pay bump. It's a personal goal.
  • thadizzythadizzy Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very much like Mrock4, I'm also at the position I want to be at.
    To be honest the CCIE did not help very much getting there, nor did it get a big pay raise (had a good salary even before, so thats why). My second CCIE will not make any difference either.

The CCIEs for me is a personal goal nothing else really.
  • rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    I'm the same as above... I'm a Senior Engineer and happy there at the moment.

Moving into Architecture is a long team goal but right now I'm still happy getting my hands dirty with all the config and troubleshooting. CCIE probably won't make much difference to my current role and salary
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck thadizzy.

I'll probably be going for my CCIE written in about 6 months. I've a lot more to learn between now and then, and practical administration of virtual server tech, too.
    Full CCIE attempt in 2014/15.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I've got my Sr. Engineer role, I guess my next move would be somewhere in architecture or maybe jumping to a SP or another MSP. However my current position provides me ample time to study and lab. So I'm pretty content for now. Plus I'm getting exposure to everything I haven't before Nexus, IPS, etc. Outside the realm of R/S but I wanted to get my hands on some Nexus stuff.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
    I have the job I want at this point in my life. The CCIE is a personal goal and has been since I started in IT.
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Going to hit the written this year but not sure about the lab. I am still trying to discover what direction/path I want to go and where I want to be.
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Im going attempt again in 6 months. Im still studying everyday for 3-4hrs and 8hrs on the weekend.
    Im not looking for another job until I passed the CCIE.
  • gbadmangbadman Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd like to know too if Turgs passed his lab.

I've being curious about what the deal was with Turgon myself. From what I remember, he seemed to have had some sort of altercation with the mods, resulting in him being banned. But the issue wasn't elaborated on. All rather defies belief.
    Life always goes on of course, but the forums are still much the poorer for his absence.

I sure hope Forsaken comes back as well. He's another colossus. My guess is he's drawn a line in the sand and locked himself in his basement with a vow not to resurface until he has his number :)

I do have a sad feeling though that we may have seen the last of Mikej412.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties

-[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Harry Truman[/FONT]
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    My lab attempt is less than 2 mos away.. much less icon_wink.gif! I'm booking the flight to RTP this week to reserve my spot and making my hotel reservations in the few weeks or so. Two of the people I attended the INE 10 day bootcamp with have already passed their CCIE R&S attempts (both on 3rd try fwiw).

The pressure is on and on my way to pursue the 5 digit number!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • 7of97of9 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My first attempt will likely need to be in 2014. I'm working on knocking out my CCNP for the second time in the meantime (grumble, grumble, expiration dates, grumble.) I'd like to attend a training in the fall, but flights are expensive from here.
    Working on Security+ study, then going back to re-do my Cisco Certs, in between dodging moose and riding my Harley
  • SettSett Member Posts: 187
    Mine is scheduled for the end of January. Wanted to pass it in 2012, but oh, well...
    Non-native English speaker