Passed Foundation

kingholmeskingholmes Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the 2011 Foundation exam last week. It was pretty straight-forward. I read the Brady Orand book and the corresponding questions and answers (both on Kindle) and took the practice test on the official ITIL site too. I scored 38/40 and it only took around 20 minutes. I was nervouse as I always am for these tests but it worked out well.

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! Do you plan to take any further ITIL training, or is Foundation going to meet your needs?
  • kingholmeskingholmes Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Foundation is all I will be attempting right now. It was a suggested cert for a customer.
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass - ITIL (F) is a very good cert to have

@ Claire : - Hi Claire is there a new version of the ITIL Coming out anytime this year - The last time i passed the ITIL ( V2 ) the V3 was out which was superseeded by the ITIL 2011 - so i am kinda of prolonging myself in doing this foundation cert again as i waiting for a new version to come out ITIL .
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Dr IT

There are no plans for a new version of ITIL communicated to us as training providers. I think you are safe to take the foundation cert now icon_smile.gif

Claire
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Claire icon_wink.gif May be now i dont have a reason to postpone by ITIL Prep anymore
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I took the Foundation exam on Monday, and I was really surprised to find that it just breezed on by in about 20 minutes as well.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi Slowhand, what materials did you use? Congrats on the pass!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    @cgrimaldo: I gave a run-down of my study-material in this thread:
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Study Materials Used: -

It took about a week of studying: I took some good notes and read through the book a couple of times over to nail down the terms and concepts. Michael Shannon does a good job of laying out the concepts, really gives you a clear picture of the service lifecycle and how the different parts fit together. The real challenge is memorizing the different steps and learning names and brand-new acronyms to add to our already-impressive list of IT terms.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Slowhand!