BSCI in 12 hours.

pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Uh oh, I probably could have used an extra week or so. Wish me luck and let's pray that they don't give me any major frame relay sims! I've generally overstudied on my prior exams so lets hope that I studied "just enough" on this one. If not, lesson learned!

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Good luck!

I'd be more worried about BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, etc, then Frame Relay as FR itself is not really a BSCI topic, but BCRAN.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Yeah, there's lots of stuff to worry about -- but hopefully it will be easier than the CCDA DESGN exam! :D I still say that was the hardest exam I've taken.

Frame Relay? Ah, my recurring nightmare -- showing up for an exam and finding out I've studied for the wrong one! icon_lol.gif There are some routing issues because of Frame Relay, but if you didn't hit them in your study, you're probably fine (and its too late to worry about it now -- so don't).

Looking at the blueprint -- it is pretty straight forward. Don't stress over the IPv6 -- think simple. And the IPv4 -- also simple. Remember, just like the CCNA, **** your subnet **** sheet to the scratch paper if you haven't been practicing doing subnets/supernets in your head.

The rest of the blueprint is routing, routing, routing, routing, and routing. So, any last minute review should probably be on, um, routing. :D

Again, good luck -- and stop reading here and do your final reviews! Now!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Woohoo! 857!

Lotsa BGP. (nothing horrendous though)
    More RIP than I was expecting.

I'm willing to answer questions within NDA of course.

Thanks folks/webmasters for the help- on to the switching exam.
  • opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    make sure you know redistribution. EIGRP and it's K metrics.

I'm taking the BSCI in a couple weeks.

good luck
    pizzafart wrote:
    Woohoo! 857!

Lotsa BGP. (nothing horrendous though)
    More RIP than I was expecting.
    WhooHoo is Right!! Tonights Pizza will be in your honor! :D

Could be luck of the draw but EIGRP was the routing protocol that annoyed me the most.

But as far as exam Blue Prints go -- I don't think this one lied too much at all. A tough, but fair exam.

Don't let your guard down on the others -- BCMSN is considered easier, but it has a lower passing score. BCRAN can still catch some people off guard. And if you take too much time between exams -- CIT will bite you in your a**-- since anything related to troubleshooting in the first 3 exams is fair game in the CIT exam..

And the big question -- What did you think -- was the CCDA DESGN exam harder then this techie study-fest?

Can you confirm or deny that the IPv6 IPv4 blueprints items were the easy points? I'd toss RIP into the easy category, would you?

So, after your wild celebration -- what's next after BCMSN? :) ARCH? BCRAN? CIT? (did you notice how I slipped ARCH in there? The sooner you take ARCH after DESGN, the better -- unless it's been too long.)

Oh, tonights beer is in your honor too! :D
  • pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hm, I found the CCDA easier than this one. Though, that's one that I may have overstudied for. Actually, I found it easier than the CCNA too. But, it's really anyone's guess. I hear such varied responses from people as to which exams they find the hardest. They're all pretty hard in my opinion! So far this test was the hardest for me. :)

I've found the Cisco exams I've taken pretty fair. Mike, according to the test result paper, EIGRP was also my worst spot: 63%. In practice I thought it was easier to study than some of the other protocols, though, maybe I'm fooling myself!

RIP caught me off guard some because they asked some specific questions of the sort where I would have had to memorize lists. I memorized stuff for the other protocols (especially BGP; e.g. path selection) that I didn't think to do for RIP. Yeah, conceptually the RIP questions were easier though.

Yeah, IPv6 stuff was easy. Agreed.

I'm charging through these exams as quickly as possible. I think I'm just gonna go down the list and finish with the ARCH. Thanks for discussing this stuff! :)

How bout yourself, any plans on taking the crazy CCIE exams? Just curious.
    pizzafart wrote:
    How bout yourself, any plans on taking the crazy CCIE exams? Just curious.
    Yep. How did you you know to make exams plural? :D

Security first as a practice (real soon now)... since I just finished the CCSP. And R&S ASAP since I'd take that lab exam first and the 18 month clock will (hopefully) already be ticking for Security. I'm not feeling the love from MPLS yet, so not sure if I'll have the CCIP when I take the R&S written -- but QoS and BGP were the important ones (I think, I hope, I guess). Hopefully I'll be over-prepared -- if such a thing is possible for a CCIE exam (written or lab).

The CCDA was annoying because the terminology was different between the Teare book (which was #1 for CCDA study) and the CCDA Exam Certification Guide. And then there was all that technical writing - technical interviewing stuff. And again -- covered differently between the books. If it hadn't of been for Top Down Network Design I still don't think I would have figured out what they were looking for on the exam. Still -- I thought I did great on the exam, but was just happy to pass. I still have no idea where I lost all the points. But it was also the fastest test I've ever taken -- maybe I should have taken my advice that I usually give about reading the questions twice. Or I could have just been off -- after the first several questions I was wondering if I was taking the CVOICE exam by mistake -- maybe I just lost focus after that... hum.

I did ARCH a week after DESGN and did great -- even though I was worrying about the icon_cat.gif Barn Cat that was in surgery after playing with a coyote. The cat is 100% recovered and about 90% re-fuzzed. She's still inside at night, but spends the days with her sisters and the neighbor cats in the barn (hiding from the neighbor dogs).
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Bravo!. Studying DESGN coupled with 70-270 on the rides to and from school. I have had a major increase in the number of technical support calls and i feel i need an MCP badge to mantain the trust of those nice people.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Scratchcat69Scratchcat69 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the test -pizzafart. I hope to be ready to take my exam next month! Again, congrats!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

I too found the CCDA easier than BSCI, a lot easier actually, but that's not because the CCDA is easy. ;)