M$ 2nd chance promotion booking

namanama Member Posts: 187
I've not book an exam online before. but from what I understand, if I were to register for M$ promotion exam, I will be given a code. At this point of time, I intend to purchase discount voucher off the web. And I will be issued a code too. Meaning that I'll have 2 codes in hand.

But I've seen that the prometric online booking contains a single textbox for entering voucher/discount code. Makes me confuse that which should I enter into the textbox.

Please advise. icon_confused.gif

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    i came across that problem too so i just booked it over the phone and gave them my code.

you could try phoning them, and ask them how to enter it on the website.
    witty comment
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    _omni_ wrote:
    i came across that problem too so i just booked it over the phone and gave them my code.

you could try phoning them, and ask them how to enter it on the website.
    That means did you give them the discount code too?

I've asked the test center but they told me to inquire from prometric as they are not sure either. Hopefully someone who is experienced can guide me along.
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    yeah i gave them the discount code over the phone.

i'd say just do it like that if you're not sure.
    witty comment
    _omni_ wrote:
    yeah i gave them the discount code over the phone.

i'd say just do it like that if you're not sure.
    alright. jarswim.gif
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    FAQ for this dilemna. The M$ way!
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndchance/details/

Good luck with your exams.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • jcourtenayjcourtenay Inactive Imported Users Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you need to register online for this, even if you already know the discount code.
    John Courtenay
    MCP,MCSA,MCSE(Windows 2000)(210,215,216,217,218,219,220)
    Aiming for MCSE 2003 by end of 2006
    http://www.jc-hosting.co.uk/refer.php?id=techexams
    jcourtenay wrote:
    I think you need to register online for this, even if you already know the discount code.
    my assumtion is that there is only a textbox for entering code when booking the exam online, if I enter the M$ promotion code, I won't be able to get any discount even I have the discount code in hand, and vice versa.

Please correct me if my assumtion is incorrect.
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    nama wrote:
    jcourtenay wrote:
    my assumtion is that there is only a textbox for entering code when booking the exam online, if I enter the M$ promotion code, I won't be able to get any discount even I have the discount code in hand, and vice versa.

Please correct me if my assumtion is incorrect.
    I get tired of people that don't take the time and effort to research things themselves even when given all the tools.

The link two posts infront of yours states that your register your second chance (with MS) before booking an exam (use your discount coupon)... When you fail, you rebook and exam using that code MS provided you. You must wait a day or so for the failure to show up in their records and the "code" to become active.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?