Options

70-433 videos/books for the 70-641

knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
Hi,

Just wondering if these videos (70-433) will help me with the (70-461) exam, or if I should just get a whole new lot? Below are the links to the exams in question:

70-433
70-461

Thanks

(TYPO IN TITLE)
70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The exams have changed radically. You are looking for test specific exam prep, those won't do it for you. The querying exam seems very basic to me. I would imagine that the 433 contains topics that will not be covered by the 461 and assumes that much of what is covered in the 461 is just understood.

However, it will likely contain knowledge that will be applicable to several of the exams so the information is likely going to be useful.

If you are looking for videos that are going to be more applicable tot he 461 then here is a list from PluralSight:
    SQL Server - TSQL - Online Training Course for .NET Developers
    SQL Server: Transact-SQL Basic Data Retrieval - Online Training Course for .NET Developers
    SQL Server: Transact-SQL Basic Data Modification - Online Training Course for .NET Developers

If you watch those and use the MS Press Training Kit for the 461 along with some labbing using an example DB and SQL Server Express, I think the 461 will be pretty easy. If the MeasureUp questions in the training kit are anything at all like the real exam, this will not be a hard test. That does not mean it's a cake walk for someone with out real world query experience, though.

For supplemental reading I would strongly suggest that you also get a copy of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 T-SQL Fundamentals. Although the book contains "Fundamentals" in the title it does go into some pretty deep details regarding the internals of how the queries are processed.
  • Options
    I do have some real world knowledge of SQL querying as I do it in my job. Minor stuff mind. I'm taking the Development route of the exams, so is it best I just purchase the CBT nuggets or Transignal stuff?

As well as the books.

Just found this on another forum SQL 461

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    IMO, if you are taking the development route, get PluralSight. Their content may not be exam specific but it is going to provide you additional information that will help your career. Just look at their course selection for SQL Server and you will see what I mean. If you are serious about becoming a DBA Developer type then you should also know about SQL Server performance and as well as things like software development, Agile practices, and technologies like Entity Framework that developers will be using to access your databases.

I know you do some SharePoint stuff as well, and there are more SharePoint videos than I can even count... Covering everything from administration to development and customization. I will be honest with you, their site revolutionized my career. I have no affiliation with them at all what-so-ever except that I am a paying customer.
  • Options
    Yeah my work wants me to go the Development route as they want me to be more involved with the products they make and sell, which I find very interesting. I'll take a look at that site and report back.

Sharepoint is now on hold :D

• Options
    josicojosico Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Robert,

Is there a reason why you're suggesting PluralSight over other video training sites? Other examples I have seen are CBTNuggets, TrainSignal or VTC?

Thanks!
    2013 Goals:
    MCSA: SQL Server [X] 70-461 [X] 70-762 [ ] 70-763