SSCP Jan 12th 2013 Ready to take it on

Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
Morning guys, well I finally shelled out the 250.00 and registered for the test. I have studied for this test off and on for over 3months. Hits it hard the past few weeks. I have The AIO and the ISC2 book. Both I have read and reviewed countless of times. Now its just time to go in and take the test.

getting over 90% on the aio tests and also above 80% on the ISC2 sponsered test. Any last advice and tips?

Comments

• moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Hi Heny,

Seems like you are all ready for this exam based on your preparation. I pretty much used the same resources and I passed the exam on the first go, i.e.
    *Darril Gibson's AIO Guide
    *ISC2 Official Guide
    *Studiscope Practise Exams

Just keep going with the practise exams and reading up on your weaker domains. All the best, I am sure you got this icon_wink.gif. Let us know how the exam goes.
  • SecurityGuru23SecurityGuru23 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Watch out for words like: PRIMARY, BEST, WORST, LEAST, EXCEPT, NOT, MOST, etc.

- Think like a MANAGER
    - Know/understand the concepts
    - Re-read questions multiple times

Good luck!
  • Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
    yep read the blog, JD.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Watch out for words like: PRIMARY, BEST, WORST, LEAST, EXCEPT, NOT, MOST, etc.
    The (ISC)2 avoids the use of superlatives in their exam item stems.
    - Think like a MANAGER
    The SSCP is a technical exam, not a managerial exam.
    Test tomorrow 8am yeahhh buddy
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck on the test!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Passed! Yeah buddy
  • ppypo123ppypo123 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Heny icon_cheers.gif great work... What's next, CISSP?
    Yep bought the CISSP book just now. Will take it In a month or two.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man. Keep up the momentum!!!!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the test. What did you think about it?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Okay, don't underestimate the CISSP exam though, give yourself more time to prepare for it, there is a lot more to take in as compared to the SSCP. You should go through past posts on TE, I am sure you will pick up a whole load of tips...

Congrats once again icon_thumright.gif
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Contrats Heny '06! Now that you have CISSP in your sights - start the "Manager Mindset" that securityguru23 mentioned. Oft times there will be two answers in the CISSP exam that are both correct, but one is a technical answer, and the other is a managerial or administrative answer. You have to pull yourself out of the tech arena to get that managerial perspective. Good Luck!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • mgafarovmgafarov Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, guys.
    Two questions.
    First, I prepared for exam with AIO and ISC2 official guide. Some times ago I took Studiscope Practise Exams, it was recommended on forum. My best result is 68%. What can you recommend me? Is it enough, and I can go to exam? Or I need more time and resources to studying. I found some question in Studiscope strange and outdated. For example, the question about E1 bandwidth and EXTENDED ACL (access control list) was wrong because I haven't seen this terms. My first attempt to pass the exam was at 620 points, and I don't want to make a mistake again.
    Second question is about
    The (ISC)2 avoids the use of superlatives in their exam item stems
    This statement is contrary to what I've seen on exam and on Studiscope. Is this a new approach?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Realize that studISCope is used as an assessment to show where you are strong and weak in the CBK material. If a practice item references a subject that you have never seen then you should strongly consider learning that subject. And whether superlatives are used or not wont matter if you practice reading the questions well enough.
    Congratulations on passing the test. What did you think about it?

Its wasnt bad, in all honesty. Maybe because I must of had over 5months of study time. No raid stuff, no EAL none of that. Not in the nitty gritty of Info Sec as I thought the SSCP was suppose to be. Wasnt bad at all.
    Dont waste your money on the SSCP Studiscope Practise Exams. If you know the content of material when your taking the test you will be fine. Simply the process of elimination will get you through. If anything the practice test just gets you mentally prepaired to take the test but those practice questions were way out there and werent on the actual exam [Studiscope]. Mr. Gibson's AIO test were too easy. Just know the material. The official book is good and really all you need if you use that along with Mr. Gibson AIO. Your fine. Do the test in the Official book, at the minimum. I used both, the Official book was dry, but I enjoyed it the more I read it, it really has a lot of information.