Options

Eligibility form questions

maxifoxmaxifox Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Have some questions regarding the form that requires 2 years of infosec related experience:

1. What do they want to put in field of "Proof of residence"? I live & work in Europe, so our IDs might be different from what be are expected in the US.

2. My job title is "Software Engineer", however for the last years I am responsible for secure code development (kind of quality assurance) and web interface security testing. What would be a short description for "Type of security related work" in my case?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    1. Well, EC-council is originally not a US organization (but Singapore), and international oriented, so I'm sure they know that not everyone has a US style ID. If you have a driver's license, include a copy of that one as well just to be sure.

2. I think you just gave it yourself: Software Engineer responsible for secure code development, quality assurance, and web interface security testing. Should do fine.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I agree with Johan, you should be fine. I have gotten word that EC Council has been making an effort to be more thorough and pay closer attention to applicants, but if you can explain your job role as well as you just did in your post, you should be absolutely fine.

Keatron.