Post Exam Queries

VigiVigi Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi,

Once completing the CISSP exam and clearing it.I know we need to collect 120 CPEs for 3 years to maintain the certification and pay 85$ for three years to maintain the certification.

Can anyone elobarate whether this has to be done only for the first three years or for each year after completeing the cert.Im not very comfortable with the Post procedures..can anyone eloborate clearly???

thanks in Advance!!

regards
Vigi

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Simple. The $85 is a annual maintenance fee therefore payable every year before the anniversary of your certification. You need to pay this for as long as you want to keep the cert active. Exact verbiage from ISC2 (emphasis added):
    "Annual Maintenance Fees (AMFs)

Payment of Annual Maintenance Fees (AMFs) ensures that the organization has the necessary financial resources to maintain member records, ensures certification continues to meet the needs and requirements of the market, and ensures that the organization will continue to be a functional, dynamic entity far into the future.

CISSPs are required to earn and post a minimum of 20 CPE credits (of the 120 CPE credits required in the three-year certification cycle) and pay the AMF of US$85 during each year of the three-year certification cycle before the member’s certification or recertification annual anniversary date. For CISSPs who hold one or more concentrations, CPE credits submitted for the CISSP Concentration(s) will be counted toward the annual minimum CPE credits required for the CISSP."
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You are collecting 40 CPEs and paying $85US each year for every year you wish to stay a certified member of the (ISC)2 "in good standing." For those of us that also have the SSCP, that's an additional 20 CPEs and $65US each year.
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    JDMurray wrote: »
    You are collecting 40 CPEs and paying $85US each year for every year you wish to stay a certified member of the (ISC)2 "in good standing." For those of us that also have the SSCP, that's an additional 20 CPEs and $65US each year.

And I just learned something new.

So JD... my obviously incorrect assumption was that the SSCP was something like the CCNA, in that once someone had their CCNP, they didn't bother to mention that they even had a CCNA. I "assumed" that a CISSP wouldn't bother to mention, let alone maintain, their SSCP status... I mean, why bother? Is it not considered the "baby-brother" of the CISSP? Would it not be normal process to let the SSCP lapse once someone has earned the CISSP?

(Incidentally, I went right after the CISSP, so I'm not in this situation... really just a curiosity).

Thanks,
    Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The SSCP and CISSP are two separate certifications. Neither is a prerequisite to qualify for the other. Having one of these certs does not imply that you also have the other cert.

And although having the CCNP implies you have the CCNA, I would still mention the CCNA on resumes and such. Many people and search engines are looking for specific keywords, such as "CCNA", and won't know that the presence of one keyword ("CCNP") implies the presence of another keyword ("CCNA"). You could therefore get passed over for a job interview because you are a CCNP that didn't also list CCNA his/her resume.