642-813 Switch Passed!

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
:) Hi all, I'm happy to say I passed my Switch exam this morning and am now looking forward to the last exam in the series, TSHOOT which I hope to do within the next couple of months.
Switch was a tough exam and the sims seemed quite involved but managed to do it although I am very relieved this one is done now as was worrying about it more than route.Thanks for your help here when I was asking questions.

If anyones interested to know this, sources I used were as follows

Chris Bryant video series
Jeremy Ciora from CBT Nuggets
How To Master CCNP Switch by Rene Mollenaar
CCNP Switch Simplified by Paul Browning

The first three were very good but the last source was terrible (it copies a lot of stuff from the cisco website) apart from high availability stuff which it explained well.
I didn't have my own equipment but used rack rentals from Proctor labs which were excellent as well as GNS3 for some other things.
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• srgsrg Member Posts: 140
  • atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Congratulations.
  • union122union122 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Comgrads, do you work in the field already
  • 7of97of9 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Working on Security+ study, then going back to re-do my Cisco Certs, in between dodging moose and riding my Harley
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • llllvllllllllvllll Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats!! What's your plan of study for the Tshoot?
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Congrats, how come you have CCNP R&S in your title? Awe, awe! Busted...1 more to go buddy. icon_lol.gif
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • suprchgtntsuprchgtnt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice job. You should have no issue with the TShoot test. Its an easy and fun test.