Cissp requirements and IT experience considerations

nukalmanukalma Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Kudo's

I am new to CISSP world and but strong inclination towards information security.Curently ,I am planning to give my exam in next 4 months. I am an IT professional working for last 14 years majorly in handling various databases pertaining to Fortune 500 companies in Financial,Telecommunication,Transportation verticals.I am holding Bachelor degree in electronics ,Master degree in spatial information technology and remote sensing.I am just wondering how my experience will be considered while getting certified cissp after passing the exam.Any thoughts and suggestions to plan my cissp exam.Appreciate your help and valuable feedback.

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Your degree with knock a year off your experience requirements so you'll have 4 years of security experience required. It really all depends on what you did with your 14 years of experience. If your jobs had elements of the 10 domains of security that comprise of the CISSP exam, you should be safe. If you never touched or performed ANY sort of security at all, then you'll be a Associate of ISC2 if you pass the test and it will be up to you to gain the security experience
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com