how long would it take....

kaleel86kaleel86 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, appreciate this is quite close to a 'how long is a piece of string question' but i'm after very broad scopes....so...

i'm planning to do the CCNP security....if i had 5-6 hours everyday for a month how much would be a realistic amount to achieve in terms of the 4 exams? focusing solely on studying.

I've worked with ACS/ASA/VPNs etc so have some practical experience (not much but some) and will have access to relevant equipment to setup labs.

Like i say, i know its not a simple 'x hours/days/weeks/' answer but i just need a rough gaugue or maybe details of your experience studying for it.

Thanks.

Comments

• PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Let's see, 4 hours a day would equal 20 a week not counting weekends. The nugget videos are 43 hours in total, ranging from 9 - 13 hours per series. You could do one per week and taking notes and labing in GNS3 as much as possible. That schedule is draining, but most CCIE candidates have it far worse.

Also, why the rush?

Personally, I would watch the series and take notes in week one, then re - watch the series and lab everything up in week two. Rinse and repeat until done.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I am aiming to have it all done with 6-8 months. Though, I have a fair bit of experience, work day to day with CCNP Security related topics, and as I work shift, I'm able to use quiet time to get some book reading done.
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Shifts are great opportunities for some focused studying. I loved my years doing nights. These days with a kid and a regular 9-5 I really have to fight for my study time, I'll be happy for every block of 15 minutes I can get.
  • JamesEubankJamesEubank Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think it would take 2-3 weeks if you are too relax and do easily.