CCNA Video Certification Announced

skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
Had to be coming at some point right? :)
Audiovisual professionals working with traditional analog solutions, can extend their skills into a Video-over-IP networked video environment with our Cisco CCNA Video certification. This certification track is a job-role-focused training and certification program for video and collaboration products. You will learn to deploy video end-points, set-up new users, and operate networked video solutions.
Voice and networking professionals with a CCNA Voice certification can also benefit from this training and extend their career into video networking.

Looks like it will consist of the ICOMM 640-461 exam and the new VIVND exam 200-001 Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna_video

Comments

• JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LOL,

What's next?
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Overkill. just put the video in the existing cert.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I love voice…but not so much video. It’s just a matter of time before it’s put into the NP Voice/CCIE Voice (which I’m dreading). I’m glad that they are at least doing it as a separate cert = well, for now anyways!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Oh wow, another damn certification I have to get.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just think....another exam that could be added to the CCNP:Voice series...as if 5 wasn't already enough...(plus the pre-requisite)...icon_rolleyes.gif

They could always call it LIVID (short for LIve VIDeo), as thats how another exam could make you feel...icon_lol.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It looks interesting, and I think Cisco's done a smart thing in treating the CCNA Video like an upgrade from CCNA Voice. They both share the 640-461 exam, (except that the CCNA Voice page has it listed as ICOMM v8, but the page and the exam code are identical,) the CCNA Video just needs one more exam, 200-001. Still, azaghul is right, this could easily have been folded into the VoIP curriculum as part of a pro-level path, a specialty exam, or something along those lines.

Ironically, it looks like you don't actually need to have a regular ol' CCNA Routing & Switching for the CCNA Video, though, as opposed to CCNA Voice, where it's a prerequisite.
    Prerequisites
    Valid CCNA or any CCIE Certification can act as a pre-requisite.

[TH="bgcolor: #F0F0F0"]CCNA Video Prerequisites[/TH]

No prerequisites

Weird how that works.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.