Options

Need some advice

DJohnsonRoseDJohnsonRose Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi TE,

Last October I just passed the Network + with about 754 or something lol, I have since improved on my networking skills and would like to get a Cisco Certification. At work we have a Cisco Catalyst 2950, am I able to use this with any labs?

I was thinking of doing the CCENT, upgrading to a CCNA then going for my CCNA Switch within about 4 months. Is this realistic?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Yes you can use the 2950, but you will need more equipment as well. Do a search through the forums, there are plenty of threads on lab equipment to get you going.

What do you mean by CCNA Switch? Never heard of it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick reply, just found out its actually the CCNP Switch, the CCNP won't be in my plans for this year just the CCNA. What else will I need for the CCNA labs if I use this switch? Is it possible to do this in 2-3 months with about an hour of studying each day? I'm a fast learner.

What are the JNCIA's like in terms of difficulty and equipment needed?
  • Options
    There are many options for labbing, do a search and you will find a wealth of information here.

The JNCIA is of lesser difficulty than the CCNA in my opinion, but I already had a good foundation in the technology before doing the JNCIA so I'm sure that had at least a little to do with it.
  • Options
    Can you give me some links please? As for the JNCIA is this widely used in the UK? I am willing to learn it if it will help me later in like or if it can benefit my company but if it applies to a niche market then I would probably avoid it for the time being.

How long do you think it would take me to learn and pass the CCENT & CCNA if I am starting off with Network + knowledge and dedicating an hour each day to it?

Thank you for your help by the way I appreciate the advice
  • Options
    Advanced Search - TechExams.net IT Certification Forums

Here you go!

JNCIA is useful if you plan on working at a place with Juniper gear. Mostly used in the service provider and larger enterprise networks though the smaller business lines seem to be making headway as well.

How long depends on so many individual variables it's hard to give you any kind of useful answer. Three months doesn't seem like an unrealistic goal though.