Is a MTA Networking a waste of time given my current credentials?

Hello everyone! As always you guys are my go to resource when I have a certification question.

Currently, I hold active certifications with Brocade, Cisco, CompTIA, Juniper, and Mikrotik. However, I do not have any sort of Microsoft experience or certification on my resume. I frequently use and administer Microsoft based workstations and servers, however I have not worked to add those skills to a certification or any other sort of resume builder.

I have a dense Networking background, and hope to keep it that way. I have been looking into adding a Microsoft Networking based certification to my resume just to show increased skill and adaptability.

So, does the MTA Networking help fulfill this idea at all? Or given where I am currently at, is it a waste of time? Is there any other cert you all would reccommend instead?

Thanks!
Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU

Comments

• MendMend Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IMHO, You can't have too many certs. Clearly you have the background to ace this thing. I doubt it will stand out among your other ones but for $115 you have a lifetime cert that never expires and has the words Microsoft and Network on it.

That being said, you may want to pursue the MCSA: Windows Server 2008/12 cert, this would stand out much more and is close to your field of expertise.
  • cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This Cert is ment for high school students ect, Its not even on par with the Net+ you already have. Yeah it would give you a microsoft cert, but I would consider it a waste of time and money for you.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Absolute waste as there will be ZERO ROI for you. Those certs are for beginners and you are definitely past that. "Dense Networking background" and MTA are mutually exclusive if you ask me.
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Thanks for the input everyone!

I'm still on the fence, as I think the MTA is too entry level, but the 70-x Networking exam seems pretty involved. I definitely should revisit the material.

Ive got the book for 70-642. I'm thinking that would be a better choice?
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    With your background, 70-642 would be a good starting point.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete