Testout and Learnkey products?

Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am curious about these, from what I understand learnkey is similar to CBT Nuggets and is just video based training correct? But Testout is a full suite complete with video training, lab sims practice questions and more correct? Has anyone used either product? They are both pretty expensive but are they effective enough to be worth the cost? Or can I get by with a few books and a transcender practice exam? I was thinking about trying one or the other for my 70-270 exam.

Comments

• matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    I have used both and I prefer Testout hands down. All three have text, video, lab, and practice tests. IMOHO, Learnkey just isn't as good as Testout particularly when it comes to the practice tests and labs.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Yes. Testout is really good; It is a must have. It also depends on the individual who is instructing on the video. The instructor on the 70-290 video was boring and dry. But the 70-291 instructor is great. But overall it is well worth the money!!
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I have used Learnkey, Testout and CBT Nuggets and I have to say that they are all very good video based training. I cant't fault any of them to be honest. :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    i have testout for security plus and plan to get it mabey for the 70-291

i'll be getting just the labsim though, i like them, and if you have your own lab i'm really impressed by trainsignal

but the labsims by testout are very nice good quality
    get back to studying!!!
  • MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    I have used a couple of Learnkey products for MS certs. In my experience, they don't go into enough detail to be useful. My 0.02ct
  • pmekapmeka Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you guys checked out AppDev? I just got MCSA suite from them. It's pretty good. I used their old products before. They've improved a lot.
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    only used LearnKey and CBT Nuggets .... need to check out TestOut...

Learnkey is ok... CBT Nuggets is also ok, but nothing helps me out more than just digging into google... and finding the best available training material on the Web. Sybex pdfs are great... Syngress as well :)
  • pmekapmeka Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've tried all. I like AppDev. I have their MCSA suite. It's great. It came with lots of questions (on top of video training).
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Learnkey isn't bad in conjunction with a study book. Testout will ruin your brain. Testout is MUCH more thorough than the books/exams, and tests you on a variety of methods and such.

I only used it for XP, but it whipped me, and thus I was able to pass the exam 2 years later with only a few weeks of study.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Family_GuyFamily_Guy Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've got testout for A+ core 220-302, Network+ N10-003, Security+ SYO-101, CCNA 640-801, MSCE, and MCSA. Testout is infinitely better than CBT Nuggets, which from what i've used is just too boring to watch. They use that paint program the whole time (I've used them for Network+ and CEH)

I'd reccomend Testout to complete beginners and full professionals. Great quality simulations to give that experienced feeling. The site even offers to pay for your test if you fail it after using their product. If you can get it from a friend, or even afford to buy it...DO SO!!!!
    Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. -Dawkins

2010 Path

Network+ : Started | Server+ : Pending
    Security+ : Pending | Linux+ : Pending
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Family_Guy wrote:
    I've got testout for A+ core 220-302, Network+ N10-003, Security+ SYO-101, CCNA 640-801, MSCE, and MCSA. Testout is infinitely better than CBT Nuggets, which from what i've used is just too boring to watch. They use that paint program the whole time (I've used them for Network+ and CEH)

I'd reccomend Testout to complete beginners and full professionals. Great quality simulations to give that experienced feeling. The site even offers to pay for your test if you fail it after using their product. If you can get it from a friend, or even afford to buy it...DO SO!!!!

I wonder how you got all of those at once since they're expensive. must have lots of money, uh. icon_sad.gificon_idea.gif
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea, that was really helpful there olajuwon
  • Family_GuyFamily_Guy Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Olajuwon wrote:
    Family_Guy wrote:
    I've got testout for A+ core 220-302, Network+ N10-003, Security+ SYO-101, CCNA 640-801, MSCE, and MCSA. Testout is infinitely better than <a href=http://www.cbtnuggets.com/techexams target=”_blank”>CBT Nuggets</a>, which from what i've used is just too boring to watch. They use that paint program the whole time (I've used them for Network+ and CEH)

I wonder how you got all of those at once since they're expensive. must have lots of money, uh. icon_sad.gificon_idea.gif

Not really. Knowlege is free. Again, if you're have ANY way of getting these, do so. They are worth it.
    Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. -Dawkins

2010 Path

Network+ : Started | Server+ : Pending
    Security+ : Pending | Linux+ : Pending