Options

CCNP Voice certified: Passed TVOICE (5/5 exams!)

rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
Materials Used to Study:
Cisco Press Quick Reference
INE vid #130
All KWallace TVOICE vids (paid version)

Most difficult of the exams in terms of questions. Lots of exhibits, configs, trace files etc. KWallace videos and QR were pretty good resources. The INE video was basically read from a power point and included very basic suggestions, non hands on or anything useful or specific really.

I'm stoked ... thats pretty much all I have to say. Its been a pretty dedicated 6months of studying to get here.

Shoutouts to SHODOWN, STLSMOORE, and everyone else on here that has helped me along the way :D

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats man! Up for the IE next?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    zimskizzimskiz Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Congrats man! Up for the IE next?

Thanks guys :D

Yeah man! Putting together a budget right now.. considering hitting it full time
  • Options
    DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on CCNP Voice!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats man! You must already have quite a bit of experience to get through these so quick! Good luck with the IE!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    mathelizemathelize Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I'm starting to put together my VOICE lab now. I bought this yesterday to run all the vmware images.

32GB RAM 3TB SATA HDD Dell CS23-SH 1U Server Dual Xeon L5410 Quad Core 8x2.33GHz | eBay

I also have access to any required equipment, 3750X 3750G, 3750, 3560X, 3560G, 3560, POE and NON POE, 2800, 3900, PVDM2, PVDM3, AIM-CUE, VWIC2, VWIC3, VIC2-2FXO, FXS7941 45 65 9971 etc.
    Any suggestions on what and how to put this together. HQ, PSTN, BR1, BR2 and so on. Which books to go for?
    I can already configure basic telephony using 2600XM, 3700, 2800 and 3800. Voicemail using AIM-CUE, PSTN using FXO and FXS.
    Any inputs will be appreciated.
    I hope to go for my CCNA voice in about 2 months time.
    In my Lab
    I have access to any cisco equipment I need
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats rchase, wow that was fast!
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    stlsmoore wrote: »
    Congrats rchase, wow that was fast!

Yep, sure was. Nicely done. All five exams done in four months... and the last three in 14 days. Bro, you should get tested... cause that pace puts you in the brilliant/genius category.

Congrats. Go get yourself some IE now!!!
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @rchase - phenomenal feat! Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

@mikearama - I shall unashamedly purloin that quote for a plaque on my wall...
    mikearama wrote: »
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    @mikearama - I shall unashamedly purloin that quote for a plaque on my wall...

Hahaha... knock yourself out, brother.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    klampkinklampkin Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Congrats, which order did you go in with the exams?
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats!!! I'm sure you've seen the below link, but it may be a good time to consider planning out the next 12 months of your "no life" journey! We may smell a CCIE Lab attempt in your future!

18 Month Plan Released for CCNA-to-CCIE Voice
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    mathelize If you want to build a CCIE Voice lab, check out my hardware setup specs here:

/forums/ccie/85573-ccie-voice-v3-complete-lab-2k.html

stlsmoore Thanks man!

mikearama haha! idk about that but thanks! I spent the most time on the CVOICE, so adding that and my CCNA Voice studies, comes up to about 6months. The last few tests I studied 40+ hours/week bc I havent been working fulltime since December so that helped. Been studying at an even steeper pace so far for CCIE Voice!

Ivanjamklampkin Thank you!

aaron0011 Thanks - CVOICE, CIPT1, CIPT2, CAPPS, TVOICE

down77 Thanks! I have spent lots of time reading study plans on the web and have generally based the next 6months on this IPexpert recommendation:

http://blog.ipexpert.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/study.png

And created my own plan, beefing up the guideline above with many more hours and less days off, incorporating 200hrs of INE training that Ive purchased (Adv Tech, Deep Dive, and Bootcamp vids), and reading on each of the subjects following the outline, and then followed up with the labs as they are in the outline, substituting Vol1, and 2 of IPexpert's books (Ive already purchased vol1)

So basically attacking one subject at a time as the outline suggests, adding much more time for each subject than it recommends, then labbing using the workbooks. And leaving some time for review.

I am planning on passing the lab in the next 12months and hopefully before it changes. I'd say first attempt in 6-8months but it all depends on how much I get in study-wise and when i feel ready. As for the written, I'll prbbly take that in the next couple weeks after I get through all the advanced tech vids (60hrs) and Vol1 of IPexpert workbook.

You can find me in the CCIE forum. I'll definitely update when I take written and lab. Also, I'm trying to use twitter to connect with anyone else out there studying for CCIE Voice. Find me @voipchase
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Awesome achievement, congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.