Ccent sdm

xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
To study for the below SDM Exam topics.... I do not have access to the SDM but I can view it in the CBT Nuggets video.

Recommended to just memorize the path to enable for the SDM?

If I click to wrong area is it just...wrong?
  • Enable NAT for a small network with a single ISP and connection using SDM and verify operation using CLI and ping
  • Configure, verify and troubleshoot DHCP and DNS operation on a router.(including: CLI/SDM)

Comments

• TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    I'm fairly certain that you don't need SDM for the exam and it's fairly straight forward anyway. I think it's more important that you know the theory behind setting up these things and that should be enough. Feel free to ignore me if anyone says otherwise.
  • fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    didnt see any SDM on my exam, don't worry about the actual SDM interface. Just understand the concepts of NAT, DHCP, and DNS. You can always poke around and figure it out if you get an SDM sim on the exam
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    All that matters is the final configuration on the device when you close the sim/hit next. So you can conceivably click around and configure all the wrong stuff as long as you undo all the wrong stuff and leave the correct configuration in place.