Passed FIREWALL v2.0

Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yet another FIREWALL pass post, just passed with an 872, I'm happy with that!
I used the OCG, and I've used a lot of VODs (got caught in the middle of exam change) from various vendors, I have to say, the new cbt nuggets VODs were definitely the best. Also I used only gns3 exclusively for labs...even though I bought 2 asa 5505s for it. icon_lol.gif
Will either go straight into VPN or make a tangent to VCP, not sure yet.

Anyways...good luck to those that are taking this exam soon!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    i would say go straight into VPN and knock out the CCNP Security track first. Then focus all your energy, force, might, power of grayskull into your VCP trials.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Maced129 - congrats on the FIREWALL pass! Good luck on the VPN exam! icon_thumright.gif
    Does this mean that you have passed SECURE and IPS?
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!
    This is my first exam for ccnp sec. And thanks chrisone - I think I will take your advice!
  • KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
  • bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Congrats on the pass!
  • SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How much time did it take to prepare?
    I spent what felt like a ton of time, mainly because I got caught in the middle of the exam change and that just went into a slippery slope...I lost motivation, and I was in some classes that took most of my focus. Hard to say for me how much exactly but probably about 2 or 3 months time. Hopefully I can stay more focused for VPN haha...

Good luck
  • SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why did you skip Secure?
    I just wanted something fresh coming straight out of CCNA:Security.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    Mace, if you're interested in selling those ASA5505s let me know, I'm in Australia but happy to go through ebay/paypal etc. if you want peace of mind.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats on the pass and best of luck on the other exams! Just wondering - I see you went for the CCNP:S straight from the CCNA:S. Did you have some knowledge of routing and switching before attempting the CCNP:S ?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations. Well done.

I'm doing FIREWALL first too because I've heard the material for SECURE by Cisco Press is poor. Might do SECURE last, in the meantime I can find more material which will be better for taking the exam.