Is this book ok for study?

neolight90neolight90 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is this book ok for self study? CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 7th Edition eBook: Todd Lammle: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

I am going to do the exam in two parts so how much of this book do I need to read for part 1 of the exam?

Thanks
Goals 2013: CCNET [ ] CCNA [ ] CCNP [ ]

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    That book is excellent for the exam but I'm not sure how it splits it up between the CCENT and the CCNA. I, personally, read the Wendell Odom books which split the two tests between two books but I've heard nothing but excellent things about Todd Lammle's book and that you can definitely trust it
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • neolight90neolight90 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I found this book the one you are talking about but it would mean I would have to spend double on books, as this book is only slightly cheaper then the full CCNA book http://www.amazon.co.uk/CCENT-640-822-Official-Edition-ebook/dp/B005OR9M7G/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1359324791&sr=1-1

By the way love that I have a kindle now it makes studying so much easier and lightweight!

Edit: I am ok coming at this exam with no real network experience? Only done helpdesk in the past so I have basic knowledge on networks but nothing major
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I would say to get the hardcover books because it's a LOT of reading and it's VERY convenient to have the hard copy to take notes, highlight, and see your progress as you flip through the book. It's alright to come into the CCNA without experience as it's an entry-level exam but be realistic about the time commitment since you have zero experience. You'll need to read, lab, more reading, more lab, etc for a few months. It's a lot of fun to learn though and once it clicks, it clicks! I'd recommend Packet Tracer, GNS3 and/or the Boson Simulator for your lab if you don't want to spend a lot of money on hardware
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Ive read both lammle (well... 80%) and Odom books
    And both are good but Lammle is less boring, I dont know... the way he writes is more interesting
    So yeah its a great book.

If youre going for the 2 exams path then -
    For the ICND1 exam, study these chapters:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16

For ICND2 exam, study these chapters (assuming you've passed ICND1):
    5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
    meh
  • neolight90neolight90 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kurosaki00 wrote: »
    Ive read both lammle (well... 80%) and Odom books
    And both are good but Lammle is less boring, I dont know... the way he writes is more interesting
    So yeah its a great book.

If youre going for the 2 exams path then -
    For the ICND1 exam, study these chapters:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16

For ICND2 exam, study these chapters (assuming you've passed ICND1):
    5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Thank you very much