48 minutes and counting.....

Definitely alittle nervous, I'll report back after.

icon_eek.gif
Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Good luck man! Relax, you can do it!
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    GOOD LUCK - you can do it......relax and nail this thing......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    Passed with a 884. Very nervous during the begining but then just calmed down and knocked em out. had about an hour left. the testing center i go to is the bomb. very quiet, and professional. thanks to this forum and everyone who writes in!

:D

Bud-time
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude - i knew you could do it...........

can you give us a review of your exam..........what did you use to prepare and use for your practice exams...........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Contraz, chuchu! do give us a reivew on the exam. what's next for you?
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
    Thanks for the kind words. Here is what I did to prepare (pasting)

I have used the MS books for both 270 and 290. Here is my routine.

Read book for 1-2 months while writing out flash card questions of all the details i think i will forget after reading.

Make all the questions into flashcards (usually about 2 inches thick maybe two or three questions per card).

Spend next month doing practice exam (450 questions that come with MS book) over and over until I can score 90% consistently and I must memorize all the flashcards. Once I reach the 90% rate and memorize all the cards I am ready. This has worked well for me twice (270 got 900 and 290 got 884).

Experience also helps, I have 4 years tech support (XP) and 2 years SysAdmin exp (AD, 2003).

My exam hit these areas:

share/ntfs permissions
    couple IIS
    one sus
    about three terminal services
    about five simulations
    one scripting
    about five backup questions

all in all not too bad, i actually thought it was easier than 270. more straight-forward. hope this helps...
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    boy, I couldn't remember anything at all on the xp exam. Maybe it was my first MS exam, and I could remember was wantiing to head home and take a long good sleep after a 23 hours binge of studying. I will take your advice about the flash cards, does re-enforce what I have just read.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    yeah, the flashcards work well for me, but i am going to tweak it a bit for the 291. on the 270 and 290 i would wait till the end to transfer everything to flashcards and i would end up with about 8 pages of text, this time i am going to make flashcards every three chapters and hit them along the way as well as at the end. i do like saving the practice tests for the end though.