Pass CCENT!!!!

Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everybody,
I just passed CCENT. I want to thank everyone here that have answered my questions and helped keep the topic alive and my studies focused.

How i preparred - I spent 3 months reading the Odom book. I practiced all of the ICND questions in it. I saved the 2nd practice test until the week before the test. I found the second practice test to be much hard than the first. I used all 180+ questions frequently. I also used subnettingquestions.com every day for the first 2 months or so, but then let off as i felt i ad it down. I also used the pratice questions on the TE site and on the Cisco Learning Network. Those were very tough questions (on the cisco site), but i think they covered the topics well. I know people say Odom is dry, but that book truly did have everything on the test. I have no other background experience other than my time as a voip phone provisioner, so i went from zero to CCENT in 3 months. Of also a very special mention and thank you to the guy on TE that runs the free cisco lab. Also the subnetting videos on the Odom/Pearson dvd were critical.

Thanks Everybody,
:)

Comments

• controlcontrol Member Posts: 309
    Nice One Node Man! icon_thumright.gif

Congrats!..ICND2 soon? What's after that..?
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey congrats man!
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job, congrats
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • EXAMCCIEEXAMCCIE Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats man! CCNA next?
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    Well done mate. Keep pushing!
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone. This means a lot to me. I can't believe how different my office felt today!

EDIT: Yes i will be going straight on to ICND2! :)
  • fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Node Man wrote: »
    Thank you everyone. This means a lot to me. I can't believe how different my office felt today!
    EDIT: Yes i will be going straight on to ICND2! :)

lol wait until you spend the next 10 days refreshing your cisco history waiting to see if they mailed your certificate yet
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats!

You're halfway there now. :D
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Excellent pass! I am currently going for this one now - I wish you the best
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats! Yes I too remember the rush after getting CCENT.. great feeling! Keep up the momentum!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is awesome news. Keep up the good work. Will look into using odom's book and subnettingquestions.com. Congrats again
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job, congrats!