Options

70-461, 70-462 and 40-463 - How hard are they?

Hamza Ali AhmadHamza Ali Ahmad Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, just came across this forum and had some questions. I am a grad student studying for a MSC in Information Technology and have been looking at taking 70-461, 70-462 & 70-463. What I am wondering is how are these exams? I haven't worked with SQL Server, but I am a quick learner and I learn technology fairly fast. I have planned to spend 2-3 months on each, and hoping to have these 3 done within the year, and add the 2 remaining to get the MCSE Business Intelligence.

I have bought the kit for 70-461 and 70-462 and am going to start looking at them. In your personal opinion, if I spend 2 hours +- a day and also go through the CBT Nuggets, how should I fare? I understand the exams will be challenging, but is it do able without the real life experience?

Appreciate it, and glad I finally found a forum that is somewhat active on Certifications, if anyone else knows any good forums- please share!

/ Ali

Comments

• Options
    josicojosico Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please take a look at the other thread for my comment regarding 70-461. I'll be taking 70-462 shortly and I can give another review at that time.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/sql-server-exams/85569-sitting-70-461-tomorrow-morning-01-22-2013-a.html
    2013 Goals:
    MCSA: SQL Server [X] 70-461 [X] 70-762 [ ] 70-763
  • Options

I saw that, congrats on 70-461! I have started to study for 70-462 and estimating to take it within 2-3 months. I have read some places this is the hardest one out of 461, 462 and 463 (think that's the last one of the SQL ones) so wanted to get this one out of the way first!
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    These exams expire in July, IIRC. I think you would be better off looking toward the SQL Server 2012 exams. In any event, these SQL Server exams are tough. Most people need a few years experience coupled with intensive study to pass.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Carl the 461,2 and 3 are all SQL 2012.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Options
    Okay, thanks for the responses! I am going to try the 462 and see how it goes, will def come back after trying and update this :)
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My mistake! Good luck in your studies, practice a lot!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    nadinemyricknadinemyrick Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Everything is hard and everything is easy, why not to try any practice test and questions answers training before exam, It will boost up your confidence level.