Endorsement Question

VazmanVazman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CISSP exam last week and going through the endorsement process now. I have read the instructions but want to clarify couple of things, just so that I don't do something wrong and delay the process.

I know I have to fill out the completed Applicant Endorsement Form and send it along with my resume to ISC2. I guess I am a bit confused about the endorsement's responsibilities. On the Applicant Endorsement Form it says "Endorser to send endorsement form to the address listed on page 3". What documents does the endorser have to send to ISC2? Do they need to send the same form as the Applicant Endorsement Form?

I will try to call ISC2 in the morning as well but was wondering if someone on this forum can help clarify. Thanks!

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on passing.

It has always been my understanding that the endorser submits all the paperwork including application, resume, etc. That's how I've always done it. Your endorser should hopefully be familiar with the process.

Two quick tips if your endorser has never performed an endorsement.

1) Include the endorsements notes on experience verification, ie phone call logs, discussion minutes. It is useful in case of an audit.
    2) Your resume should be very specific, only include the relevant experience that your endorser will validate. Most importantly; list only the relevant info, especially the specific domain you are claiming; avoid the fluff in a resume you may add when job searching; a simple list is best.
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I didn't send a full resume - just a work history with the domain and time spent in that domain. Keep is simple - no fluff needed.
  • ITSecGuyITSecGuy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is the actual timeline between sending the endorsement documents and hearing from ISC2 about final certification? I got a mail saying it would take 6 weeks. Doe it really take that much time? Please let me know.
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think three weeks has been about average. Maybe a little bit sooner, or a little bit later if they get busy. Mine took 3.5 weeks in Nov.
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ITSecGuy wrote: »
    What is the actual timeline between sending the endorsement documents and hearing from ISC2 about final certification? I got a mail saying it would take 6 weeks. Doe it really take that much time? Please let me know.

Mine took exactly 2 weeks to the day to come back...
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Mine took about close to the 6 week mark. My endorser sent in all of the required docs, but, I got selected for an audit. It was not fun especially seeing people getting their designation very quickly.
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. It takes 6 weeks as per ISC2.