Options

Meh! Nothing to CCIE here...

Comments

• Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Two weeks until lab time! Working as many mock labs and troubleshooting labs as I can. Found one that bit me earlier... don't neglect the simple things! I was so concentrated on trying to track down an mpls issue that looked like it was an access-list that I didn't even bother to check to see if mpls ip was configured on the proper interface... doh!

Back to the troubleshooting lab!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    On a quick Coffee break from Mock Lab... what a way to spend my saturday!
  • Options
    Just over a week left and I'm lab'ing like mad. Debating on canceling a meeting out of town tomorrow to get another practice day in!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »
    Just over a week left and I'm lab'ing like mad. Debating on canceling a meeting out of town tomorrow to get another practice day in!

You're doing well. I would cancel that meeting.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    You're doing well. I would cancel that meeting.

I actually just called to see if we could reschedule. Looks like I have 6hrs of driving to do (3 hours each way) and a 4 hour presentation. It was worth a shot!

Guess this means I will be up until 1-2am again labbing
  • Options
    just a note for the evening.... simple mistakes can make major changes!

clear ip ro * is your friend

check the direction of your distribute-lists!

Drink more coffee! Ok well this one is just for the next week or two
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You got this man! We're all barracking for ya!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    You got this man! We're all barracking for ya!

Thanks. Doing some review sessions today through next week as a final prep.
  • Options
    Planning out my study plans for the weekend and starting a final prep check list for next week. I'm also double checking travel plans/reservations for RTP just to make sure there are no last minute surprises. My my how fast time has flown over the last few months!
  • Options
    Just over 12 hours of labs done for the day. Now to crash for the evening since its 1:30 am EST and wake up in the AM for another 8-12hr marathon session.
  • Options
    CCIE tip of the Day: become Lightning McQueen! Before starting the lab close your eyes and repeat to yourself "I am speed!"
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Wow time sure flies huh! Good luck and remember to be rested, don't sacrifice sleep for a couple extra hours of labing these last few days :)
  • Options
    Good call. I don't want to be a zombie on exam day. I'm doing my last set of configs/prep labs today and tomorrow morning before flying out. Tuesday night and all day Wednesday are days to relax. I'll be in bed by 9pm the day before the test... 5:30am comes early!

Another tip for exam day.. verify everything! Dont just put in your configs...

Verify L2:
    show spann
    show vtp su
    sh cdp nei
    etc

Verify L3:
    show ip route

sh ip eigrp top
    sh ip eigrp nei

sh ip ospf int
    sh ip ospf nei

sh ip bgp
    sh ip bgp su

Verify Multicast:
    sh ip mroute
    sh ip pim int
    sh ip pim nei
    sh ip pim rp (add keyword 'mapping' for auto-rp or bsr)

Verify 'hidden gems' (helpful for troubleshooting):

show run | sec access-|prefix|route-map|distribute|class-map|policy-map|etc!!!

and there is a huge section for IOS Services/Security that I could add. The point is, dont just type it in... verify the behavior is what you expected!
  • Options
    Just emailed Cisco to see if I can schedule an Exam room visit the day before I sit the lab. This was recommended by INE so that we can calm our nerves, identify any potential distractions the day before, and most importantly get a feel for the climate of the room! The last thing you want is to be FREEZING and trying to type when taking your exam.

This may also give a chance to just say hello to the proctor before the exam. I've met a few of them outside of the exam day and they have all been very pleasant and professional!
  • Options
    Last bit of lab'ing with my physical gear, some Multicast video review, and packing for my flight that leaves tomorrow. I may do some GNS3 work (Vol IV) while on the airplane but that's about it for now. The plan for Wednesday is to meet with a few contacts @ the RTP office and just enjoy a day of rest.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Alright down77 it's been awesome reading about your progress and I just want to wish you the best of luck on your upcoming attempt! I think your preparation will allow you to be relaxed and confident on exam day.

Take it down!! (pun intended)
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote: »
    Alright down77 it's been awesome reading about your progress and I just want to wish you the best of luck on your upcoming attempt! I think your preparation will allow you to be relaxed and confident on exam day.

Take it down!! (pun intended)

Thank you very much.
  • Options
    So I've checked the weather, packed my bags, confirmed my car/hotel reservations and was excited to see I was bumped to First Class for the flight to RTP. Some light review during the travel session (multicast and IOS Services) and then off to Bldg 3 once I land to meet with the Proctor and do a pre-exam room review!

Since I've spent more time in RTP than I care to admit, I'll probably hit Southpoint for Dinner tonight and hopefully either celebrate or drown sorrows @ Angus Barn on thursday evening.
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    Good luck mate!
    We will both have our numbers soon, I can feel it
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 891 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck my fellow Floridian. Go into the test tomorrow like a hurricane leaving destruction in your wake.
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Good luck bud!!!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Good luck! I'm always so impressed by those of you who are pursuing your CCIE, and it really is a help to kind of see the study path you take, and how much time you truly put into your preparation. You guys are an inspiration to us all, and I know you'll do fantastic!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Since this will be my first attempt at any CCIE track, my goal is just to get through it without too many battle scars.
  • Options
    Slept horribly last night and plan to take a nap this afternoon and get to bed early. I'm also planning to hit the store to pick up some snacks/drinks too have during the lab.
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck man! Bring back the digits for us Floridians!
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I check all these ccie threads just to embarass myself, the kind of effort you guys put in that also after amassing good amount of experience is inspirational, i hope i also become like one of senior TE members in the future. In my eyes you all guys are already a CCIE:),all the besticon_thumright.gif
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Good luck- Bring it home!
  • Options
    down77 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Since this will be my first attempt at any CCIE track, my goal is just to get through it without too many battle scars.

bring it home!
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Is the suspense killing anyone else?