Cisco 2801 - Suitable for Voice?

FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
Forgive me for the basic question here guys, but my neighbour has just dropped me round a Cisco 2821 router, and I'm thinking making a little start on voice.

Before you call me names, I have searched high and low for my answers.

I presume I can run CME on this device?

If so, do I need to install a Voice IOS, currently has a Service Provider Image on it.

It has a 64Mb CF card in the front, Is this big enough for a Voice lab?

many thanks

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Yes its what I use for my CCIE voice you can do everything you need to. It runs CME, Can do Cube, and gatekeepers and voice.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    Forgive me, made a mistake, its a 2821.

I think my main question is, Does the service provider image support voice or do I need to change it?
    you need to change it.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    shodown wrote: »
    you need to change it.

To a Voice IOS or will any other image suffice, Please understand I am Noob at voice so please be a little more forthcoming.

thanks
    Sorry working some issues right now. You will need IP voice or Adv enterprise, or IP GW IOS image. Those will provide you the features you need to pass the exam.
    Currently Reading

shodown wrote: »
    Sorry working some issues right now. You will need IP voice or Adv enterprise, or IP GW IOS image. Those will provide you the features you need to pass the exam.

Superb, many thanks