Options

Passed!

jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed my exam this morning with a more than decent score (it's no 900/900 though..) :D

Received Meyer's book on 1/18, finished it on 1/28. After that, I scheduled my exam and studied off and on each night leading up to the test to 'fill in the blanks' - Messer's videos were very helpful for this. Two things I also found to be very helpful were the two highest rated Net+ apps (CompTIA Network+ Exam Prep and CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Prep) in the Play Store on Android. They're both pretty buggy, but contain some pretty good material if you can live with the bugs. The second one I listed contains detailed explanations for each right/wrong answer for each question. I also scoured the internet for random practice tests for port #'s, OSI model, etc (including this site). A lot of the random sites had errors, but when I started to recognize those errors I knew I was in good shape.

Next up is CCENT/CCNA to solidify my networking base. I'm choosing to take them separately so I can really soak up and learn as much info as possible. Already ordered a few books (Lammel/Odom), got a good deal on a few 2950's, and am on the lookout for routers. Maybe also Security+ just to have it..?

After that hopefully I'll be able to get some good job experience and figure out what path I really want to head down icon_cheers.gif

Thanks all for populating this site with valuable info!

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

I'm also on my CCNA journey
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • Options
    BaackBaack Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow congrads on the pass

Any simulation questions on our test?
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, I had a few simulations. My experience was exactly as jayblisk described his in his 900/900 thread
  • Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congratulations
  • Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    Congrats on the pass!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]