Could you please answer this

ScrummattScrummatt Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am Scrum Master Certified, looking to broaden my perspectives. Am currently mulling between Agile project management or PMP certification. Could someone give me some insights into which would be more useful.

Comments

• QuantumstateQuantumstate Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    (I hate threads without a descriptive title)
  • QuantumstateQuantumstate Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    (Oh all right)

Agile has been around a while, but it is only recently being widely recognized. Agile is a much broader subject than Scrum. Project management and the PMP have been around a long time and have broad credibility and recognition.

I went for my PMP first, then CSM, and now am working on ACP. I am confident that that is the right order. ACP is very new and I've never seen a job asking for it, but given that it's promulgated by PMI it should become important. That is, unless it becomes clear to employers that overseas applicants are not particularly straight about their experience.
  • ScrummattScrummatt Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    (Oh all right)

Agile has been around a while, but it is only recently being widely recognized. Agile is a much broader subject than Scrum. Project management and the PMP have been around a long time and have broad credibility and recognition.

I went for my PMP first, then CSM, and now am working on ACP. I am confident that that is the right order. ACP is very new and I've never seen a job asking for it, but given that it's promulgated by PMI it should become important. That is, unless it becomes clear to employers that overseas applicants are not particularly straight about their experience.

So the course i should be aiming at is PMP? As per some market research i have carried out, a lot of companies are exclusively looking for Certified Scrum Masters, so from a job perspective wouldn't tat be more of use. Also (i dont know this about PMP) Scrum is a very generic and easy to understand topic, but companies are more concerned certifications and not the implementation knowledge (weird but true). I too was thinking PMP purely because of the scope but since my aim is a better paying job I am beginnning to think Scrum would do better