CISCO: Voice or Security ?

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to battle this issue for about 2 - 3 months and I'm not sure how to get over it - just thought it would be a good idea to share it among my seniors on here icon_smile.gif
I love Networking and I have been studying for my CCNA for sometime now. I'm thinking of going for my CCNP R & S (upon completion of CCNA) and then come back to choose a path for my CCNA but I am not sure which is best. I think VOICE would do me much good as there are not a lot of people taking the VOICE path. I know it's filled with challenges but I love challenges.. but then I haven't seen many Job postings online requiring CCNA Voice or CCNP VOICE.. mostly are Network Security and so on. I'm not sure about what's best and what's not. I just want something that will give me a better pay and job security. I'd love to work in the US.. most preferably Los Angeles or Washington, D.C.. yea I know about the high taxes in CA but won't have to worry about that if you got a good pay hehe and do bear in mind, I plan to do this alongside studying for my Bachelors.

Any idea anyone ? What would you advise ?

P.S: I mistakenly posted this on the I.T Jobs/Degrees thread. I didn't mean to break the forum rules.
Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
Up Next: CCNP
Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
And Umm: CCNP Voice

Comments

• KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Either path.. Both are in high demand.. really comes down to what you enjoy doing.
  • danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    Kelkin wrote: »
    Either path.. Both are in high demand.. really comes down to what you enjoy doing.
    I think I'll enjoy Voice as it's got a few cert holders. Most people normally go through security lane as they have a job openings almost everywhere
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice