Yes I finally passed the OS!! Thank the stars!

huzzxhuzzx Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I went in today at 1:45pm for my 2pm exam. I was suppose to take it yesterday, but the center's PC broke down and made me reschedule to another location. I passed with 686. Much better than my HW, even though HW was what I'm more experienced with. I'm so relieved now; I can finally relaxe. Now on to Network+. Or i-Net+. Whats difference?

Thanks to all that help me out on this forum. Thanks to the practice exams here and the notes you offer. I'll probably move to the other forum, but check back here to see if I can be of any help. Good luck to the ones who havn't passed yet.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats! Net+ covers networking, while I-Net+ covers more of an internet business type perspective, such as commerce or web sales. Which to take depends on what you want to do in IT.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • huzzxhuzzx Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thx for the fast response. I think I'll be taking Network+ next. It seems like a stepping stone that most ppl here go after they got their A+. I've begun checking out Net+ forum and already got some useful websites suggested by some of the posters. But I think I'll relaxe for today.
    I would recco the Technotes from this site. They are vey well written and can be a great compliment to a more in-depth source such as Sybex or Mike Myers books.....
  • gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    I think I'll be taking Network+ next. It seems like a stepping stone that most ppl here go after they got their A+.
    That's the same thing I did. I seen some of your forums here in the past. I can tell you were itching to past that test. :) Congratulations!!
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
    "MCP

Pass two MS certified tests:
    1. XP workstation
    2. Network Essentials (or similar)"

This is what my cousin recommends. He's in the industry for a few years now. I dunno what his title is but he earns in the 6 figures. Which certs is he talking about? 70-270? And do you guys think its a wise choice?
    If you pass any one M$ exam, you become an MCP. Networking essentials is a retired exam, and is longer available to take. The XP exam is 70-270. What are your career goals? Any experience in IT? It's no good to pile up certs without, because you won't make 6 figures without a lot of it, as in years. Your cousin is probably one of the lucky few who got in somewhere during the Dot Com boom, and did not get laid off when it came down.
    Well 1st thing is I'm hoping that he can help me get my foot into his industry.
    But if that doesn't work out, I would have good certs under my belt that this industry needs. Hopefully the section of the IT that needs most ppl is wht I'm going for. I think I sound confusing there.

Which area of IT have the most job opening? Is having 70-270 cert. enough to get into IT?
    You should look into help desk positions. That is usually a good place to start for complete newbies. Gor for Net+, then take a look at MCDST. It covers XP in a help desk environment, and also serves as a good precursor to MCSA/E.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ricka182 wrote:
    You should look into help desk positions. That is usually a good place to start for complete newbies. Gor for Net+, then take a look at MCDST. It covers XP in a help desk environment, and also serves as a good precursor to MCSA/E.

Take exams that are in areas where you are working and have experience. That doesn't mean to never step outside the box, but if you are working for a company where they will never use Cisco, then there is little need for you to invest the time to prepare for those exams.

When I interview people, their pile of certs means little if they are new to the industry or fresh from school. Textbook knowledge alone, just doesn't make it out in the field. Experience takes time and research.

So, pick a course of exams that are of interest as well as something you will likely find yourself working with! :)
    HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • hamm3rhamm3r Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATULATIONS! Whats your next cert. gunna be? I'm hopefully gunna go for network+..
    hamm3r wrote:
    Whats your next cert. gunna be? I'm hopefully gunna go for network+..

Thx man. I'm not sure yet. I'm still waiting for my cousin to specify which MCP he's talking about. And when he said network essentials or similar, does he mean by MS or by CompTIA? Fullfilling his suggestions will help me get a job at his company. But he hasn't replied in 3 days. GOod luck on your studies hammer. How are you planning on pursuing this? Getting books and selfstudy? classes?
  • leighleigh Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

From my opinion, your next decission will depend on what kind of job you want to do.