How to make conf calls outside the office

The_wisdomThe_wisdom Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_thumright.gif Hi Cisco Collegue

At the position i'm challenged to make Lan / voice improvement.
i've beguin by voice in first but i'm faced to an issue :
End users when they need to make a conf call with external persone they use a number 1109. This number is related to Bridge number configured on the gateway. So conference are for free.

Then i'm asking if we can config an outside number , to let people do their conf calls when they are outside the office.

Please how could i check if that is already on the call manager ver 4.1 ?

if not configured how could i configure that?

thx

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    it sounds like your using meet me which is not protected. If you have that setup you can set yourself up for some type of toll fraud if you have a outside number dial it. I would advise against it and look into a real conference solution. If you don't have meet me disregard.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    We use translation patterns to forward external DIDs to internal Meet Me extensions. Of course it's not PIN protected like a Webex or Meeting Place but we've been doing this for four years with no issues. Cheap way to setup a conference bridge with basic CUCM. Our Meet Me bridges cannot be started unless dialing from a device in our internal PT.
  • The_wisdomThe_wisdom Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Thks for your reply ; in the office we using the basic conference bridge on cucm ver 4.1.
    the number 1109 when dialed it goes to BT Conferencing.
    when i check on route pattern i see this number too

My question is how to configure / an external number / to call manger / to have conference