Passed CISSP !!

ITSecGuyITSecGuy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the exam on 6th Feb 2013 and managed to nail it after torturous 5 hours icon_cheers.gif Didnt get any score thou. Had to take 2 breaks to refresh my brain but finally managed to clear it. Should say this exam at times focuses too much on technical details of topics like Cryptography and Telecommunications. Given my experience in IT audit, I have never come across need to know all that stuff.icon_rolleyes.gif

One question to all : What is the next step? Which exam should I go for now? FYI, I have 4 years of experience with 2 years each in SDLC and IT Audit. All inputs are welcome. Thanks ! :)

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    No score on pass, because then we'd all be like "yo, my 999 is better than your 998".

Congrats on the pass.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass and welcome to TE!
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    Congrats. Now it's time to get serious. Get your A+.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

If you will be continuing your career in IT auditing, you should immediately look at the CISA certification from ISACA. 3-5 years of experience is required to get the full certification, but you can take the exam at any time.

How to Become CISA Certified
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Congratulations, great work.
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congratulations !!!
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @ITSecGuy - good job! The route suggested by JDMurray seems to be a very viable path for someone working in IT Audit. I'd just like to add the GSNA from GIAC: Systems and Network Auditor Certification: GSNA

Good luck once more! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on your pass, and best of luck in your next endeavor!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • ITSecGuyITSecGuy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys !!
    I was also pondering on same lines as suggested by JDMurray and finally decided to take the CISA exam coming June. The early registration deadline is 13th Feb. So had to decide fast :)
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great job!

Relax and take a break you just knocked out the king daddy of security certifications.

All others pale in comparison
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass ITSecGuy! Great job!